Day one of a new life :)

reluctant_whale

So here I am, day 1 of the new phase of my life, hopefully the phase where I am no longer overweight and obsessed with food!

Ive had my first shake. Can't say I enjoyed it much, infact, I hated it - FACT! I tried the banana first though as I figured it would probably be the one I least enjoyed! Hopefully onwards and upwards from the banana! Ive got tetras of chocolate and strawberry, also got a nice soup for the evenings and porridge for the morning. Skipped the porridge today as there is no microwave at work.

Anyway, that's it. I am here ... for the duration. I am not a quitter. I gave up smoking 5 months ago and if I can do that I can do anything! Wish me luck! :p

Oh - by the way I am on SS+ (4 + 200ml skimmed milk)

Welcome, and good luck!

You've already taken the hardest step, committing to the diet - now just to get through the first week and you'll be well on your way to making a permanent change for the better!!

Hope you have more luck with the other shake flavours, I think the first week is just a case of getting to know what you do and dont like of the Cambridge products :)

Best of luck, looking forward to hearing all about your journey.

xxx

yay - i love this. you are NOT a quitter, and the only thing between you and your goal is time. Hell yeah!

When all is said and done, this diet is about determination. As Lady M says in the scottish play "but screw your courage to the sticking place and we'll not fail".

G'wan!!!

today is my first day as well im trying to break it down into mini goals, so that it dosent seem a big long stretch. i wish you well and hope you keep updating so we can see how you are doing xx

Lordy Lordy ... just had my first porridge .. lets just say im swapping it for soups tomorrow **HEAVE** ... If it was on a menu it should say "Delicious, warm flour & water glue with a sprinkling of burnt digestive biscuits ... extra gritty for a bit of texture" ... ABSOLUTELY FOUL! Sorry Cambridge but what the HELL were you thinking when you gave that the okay for sale ???

LOL!! I love all the porridges! Having said that I went off some of the tetra's last time I did CWP and needed something different. If you put a tad more water it the porridge is less gritty.....though you may not want to risk that!

Well done for giving up the smoking! If you can do this this should be easy in comparsion I imagine. Hope so! Go for it!

You summed up my experience with porridge perfectly, I thought it was vile although I thought it was just because I'm fussy as I don't like the soup or the tetras either :D luckily I love the shakes!

I don't like the porridge either, so it's shakes and soups for me!! I gave up smoking 15 months ago an it was one of the best things I ever did. Giving up is sooo hard but my thinking was if I can do that, then I hold be able to diet as the willpower is obviously there. I'm on day 4 and actually enjoying this diet :) xx

Glad you like my porridge related grumblings. I was so traumatised by the whole experience I had to go for a nap and sleep off the memory of heaving over a cup (couldn't find a bowl and to be fair the cup made it worse!!).

Going to attempt a soup in a minute, yummy yummy, can't wait ... !!!! :cry:

You know what, the hardest aspect of this is so far i've not liked anything (I know, I know .. give it a chance) ... I have food blogs, and I am a REAL foody ... I mean, show me the FOOD! Hopefully come tomorrow I will be so hungry the milkshake will suddenly taste like a gourmet tasting plate at Purnells (hopefully!!)

I have started a blog about this - if any of you are bloggers and fancy following it, it's pretty funny ... musings and admissions about my lifelong obsession with the stuff, kind of like Nigel Slaters "Toast" minus the 6 figure publishing deal!

thereluctantwhale.blogspot.com (just copy and paste this into your browser, the minimins police deem me incapable of posting a link so far as I haven't posted enough - tell me this? Why does the skip from 24 to 25 posts make you responsible enough to post a link .. thought for the day ...)

Success .... LOVE the Chicken and Mushroom Soup ... like an old school Cup A Soup before they took all the salt out !! If only there were a few croutons ... ;) !

The porridge really is deserving of a government health warning.

Well done on day 1! I love the soups, especially the mushroom, so exvcited to try the bars when I can

Day 2 ...

Here I am then ... day 2 ... Sounds ridiculous but I am so proud of myself, I know it's only day 2 of at least 100 .. but hey, Ive never got this far before!

I feel a lot better today than I did yesterday strangely! I don't know if it's because Im not running around at work (I am a teacher) and just taking it easy on the settee but I am not dizzy and no headache. Even just sat next to Matt on the sofa while he tucked into burrittos.

Wizzed my strawberry tetra in the blender with loads of ice for lunch and it was SO NICE like a Maccy dees strawberry milkshake. Lovely and thick - so that has solved the issue of thin shakes!

Hardest part for me so far is this water marlarky - feel like im drinking water for the sake of it and not enjoying forcing it down (never been a big water drinker) but I guess if it's keeping the headache at bay im all for it ...

Not in ketosis, wee'd on a stick (yeah .. love that too much info stuff) but have a really crap taste in my mouth, but I had that yesterday too!

Anyway, off to clean the windows - keeping busy also seems to be a bit of a tip!! Have a great day all !

You should be proud if yourself! I've never lasted a day before this diet and I've got to day 5 now!! Keep going, we can do this and I reckon the first weigh in will definitely spurr us on when we see the loss! Xx

Here I am then ... day 2 ... Sounds ridiculous but I am so proud of myself, I know it's only day 2 of at least 100 .. but hey, Ive never got this far before!

I feel a lot better today than I did yesterday strangely! I don't know if it's because Im not running around at work (I am a teacher) and just taking it easy on the settee but I am not dizzy and no headache. Even just sat next to Matt on the sofa while he tucked into burrittos.

Wizzed my strawberry tetra in the blender with loads of ice for lunch and it was SO NICE like a Maccy dees strawberry milkshake. Lovely and thick - so that has solved the issue of thin shakes!

Hardest part for me so far is this water marlarky - feel like im drinking water for the sake of it and not enjoying forcing it down (never been a big water drinker) but I guess if it's keeping the headache at bay im all for it ...

Not in ketosis, wee'd on a stick (yeah .. love that too much info stuff) but have a really crap taste in my mouth, but I had that yesterday too!

Anyway, off to clean the windows - keeping busy also seems to be a bit of a tip!! Have a great day all !

Its not ridiculous, you should be proud, you're doing great. I had to leave the room when my husband had his dinner, was too hard to be in the same room as my favourite food.
I do all my shakes with Ice, the mint choc is devine when its super thick, I find they are more filling too. You get used to the water, I felt awfully sloshy at first with all the water but after a few days I found I was craving it.
Where did you get the sticks to see if you're in ketosis?

reluctant_whale said:
Lordy Lordy ... just had my first porridge .. lets just say im swapping it for soups tomorrow **HEAVE** ... If it was on a menu it should say "Delicious, warm flour & water glue with a sprinkling of burnt digestive biscuits ... extra gritty for a bit of texture" ... ABSOLUTELY FOUL! Sorry Cambridge but what the HELL were you thinking when you gave that the okay for sale ???

Oh this sums up my feelings on the porridge perfectly.. I tried all flavours and yak!! Loved all the soups though :)

Have loved reading your diary will take a look at you blog later.

Well done for day 1&2 :) you can do it x

I got them in my local pharmacy - an independent. A bit naughty but I said that my "midwife" told me to buy them ... which is obviously billy BS as I am not pregnant (and never have been) but I read on another forum if you say that they will give you them - you have to ask ... oh, and Boots apparently won't sell them unless you can prove you are diabetic. They were £4.88 for 50 ... oh and I just used one ...

AND IT'S PINK

I bought mine from amazon :)

they sell them on ebay too.

but srsly - they're very unreliable. some people never get a pink reading, but if you stick to the diet 100% you'll be in ketosis after about four days, and you'll know because you won't be starving anymore.

i mean, knock yourself out - they're pretty cheap and i bought some myself... but they were a small waste of money.

Back