Day out.. Surgestions please

fairy3853

Need some ideas please ladies and gents.

The oh has just told me that on friday hes taking me out for a boozy afternoon and then on Saturday he taking me off for the day and its going to be a long all day job, but I would realy love to stick to plan this week, im desperate to try for 3lb then iv reached my own mini goal.

So the boozy afternoon is going to cost me a few syns obviously and if we eat out we can go to weatherspoons an i can have the gamon with a jacket spud.

Its Saturday im strugaling with. Im going to do us a cooked breakfast with a side helping of pasta to realy fill me up and as its along distance, i need some ideas for a pack-up I can scoff in the car for my lunch, im thinking salad and pasta again, the oh is planning on having fish and chips.....The bit im strugaling with is my tea, i doubt ill be able to save enough syns for his second lot of fish and chips and he doesnt know if theres a witherspoons or a sw friendly food pub. I cant take a second pack-up as its far too warm to be walking round with sweaty sandwiches in my bag.

I am going to take a couple of alpen light bars for snacks then that uses my hexb and a few apples to leave in the car but any ideas on damage limitation would be great.

xxxxx

Sorry no ideas but we are off out for the day tomorrow so i'll be keeping my eye on this thread!

Ive so far thought of: sandwiches, cooked sausages (low syn ones), fruit, cooked chicken (which im cooking tonight), scotch eggs which im going to make myself and boiled eggs. They have a few places to eat at the zoo and we will probably have our dinner in one of them so will have to choose wisely!!

sooo jelouse going to the zoo, wish it was me... enjoy your day xx

Just to throw a small spanner in the works, chain pubs like wetherspoons tend to deep fry their jacket potatoes (it makes them last longer), which makes them more syns that a portion of chips...
Always be safe and ask them if they deep fry them.

xx

For Saturday you could check the recent threads around picnic foods.

I can think of eggs, tinned tuna, pasta, rice, fruit, couscous, cherry toms, boiled salad potatoes.

Just do your best & if you don't get another shinny this week it's not the end of the world, enjoy your time together;)

Just to throw a small spanner in the works, chain pubs like wetherspoons tend to deep fry their jacket potatoes (it makes them last longer), which makes them more syns that a portion of chips...
Always be safe and ask them if they deep fry them.

xx

No, they don't. We've had a very long running thread on here which was answered by WS. They say they do not deep fry their jacket potatoes, nor inject them with oil. As you say, always best to ask but this is not true.

On to the subject..... It's tough planning food whilst you are out, if you can't take fruit or salad or quiche or LF sausages, then your best option is to find a pub where you can get steak or gammon or chicken with new potatoes or a jacket potato and salad or veg.

Enjoy your day. I often find if I have a big cooked breakfast it will last me until early evening, with only fruit for a snack, so you may only have the one meal to worry about.

If you have fish and chips with loads of mushy peas or baked beans it might act as some damage limitation. Alternatively jacket potato and beans is always a good choice regardless of what they put on it.

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

jaylou -No, they don't. We've had a very long running thread on here which was answered by WS. They say they do not deep fry their jacket potatoes, nor inject them with oil. As you say, always best to ask but this is not true.

REALLY?!!! I've been avoiding jacket potatoes like the plague when I go out to eat....

xx

Thanks for all the surgestions guys....

Back