Day to day living - impact of weight loss

Goreygirl

Gold Member
Hi all

Hope this Friday is treating you well?

This is a bit "delicate" but I'm just wondering if anyone else is noticing similar stuff.

• I can now bend over easily to wash my feet.
  • I can now see "my bits" as my tummy is shrinking and is not "over hanging" as much - gardening down there had become a tad difficult before due to lack of clear view!
  • At TOTM recently I noticed that I was able to use non-applicator tampons a lot easier (over the last 6 months before CD that had become a bit of a logistical manouever).
Noticing this has made me feel really good as they were the parts of being big that made me feel horrible as they really called my attention to my size... made me notice it more if you know what I mean? It was what made me think "well if you are struggling with tampons then this is a serious weight issue and you can no longer tell yourself that you've just put on a small bit of weight"

LOL, yeah, know exactly what you mean! :D

As we're doing 'delicate', you kind of know you've got to do something about losing weight when you can't easily reach behind to wipe your bum! And yep, when I was at my biggest, that had started to become a problem...

TMI, I know :)

And I hate that my bum brushes against the sanitary towel bin if I happen to sit down in a public loo (so maybe I shouldn't sit down and just 'hover' like me Mum taught me to do? :D). Can't wait for that to stop being a problem again.

As we're doing 'delicate', you kind of know you've got to do something about losing weight when you can't easily reach behind to wipe your bum! And yep, when I was at my biggest, that had started to become a problem...

TMI, I know :)

Lol.. oh I totally get you there!

My knees don't hurt any more
Or my ankles

I'd got to the stage where a walk round Meadowhall was a killer. I ached, my legs ached, my knees ached. Now I can shop for hours again. Uh oh :)

Unfortunately I'll always have a gardening issue as my csection left me with a large pouch which will require eventual surgery so I can't wait for that day!

Oh Gg you make me laugh. The best moment for me was yesterday - I had to go for an ultrasound for to rule out fibroids etc for nightmare periods. Anyway the Dr booked this the week I started CD (at the same appointment I asked her to sign my CD forms, and having never met me before she said "oh you don't need to do this - you can have bariatric surgery instead as your BMI is over 35 - I have to be honest if I hadn't already been doing CD for a week and lost 13lbs I would have bitten her hand off). She booked a normal ultrasound and an internal one, as she said they wouldn't be able to get a decent result from the normal one as I was (her words) such a big girl). Anyway went for scan and the girl was lovely and told me that I didn't need the internal one as she had good plenty good enough images and she didn't know why such a fuss had been made. I walked out feeling a million dollars!

For me, it's teh same about the c-section/hysterectomy shelf. It's like a ledge you could rest your pint on. Well, not so much anymore...

Also, another big one for me is the whole area of um...intimate relations. I would say in another 1.5st I might allow a nightlight. In another 2.5st, the bedside lamp and if I can go under 10st, and be fit/firm, you'll have to paint clothing on me because I'll refuse to wear them otherwise!

Har har... I'm really looking forward to seeing how I look in the new year this time, welcoming the new year smaller rather than bigger

hi all same here with the c section hang over. though even that is shifting!

i have noticed my car seat (drivers seat) feel so massive lol!! thats one of my funny ones.... theres more i use less foundation on my face... well i still put the same amount in my hand n throw it away still adjusting.

a good one was i went to gp (not our regular gp) as 5yr old daughter is 'over weight' not to look at her but statistically when he asked about familly hist i refered to me always having over weight he looked at me like iwas mad and clearly didnt think there was a prob there lol

I love being able to get up in the morning and not have to think for 10 hours on what I'm going to wear - I can just put something on and not even have to look in the mirror cos I know it looks ok :) :) love it.

Back