Day two

Janine 40

Day 2 as a non smoker, have not overeaten but sucking on Lozenges like they are going out of fashion!!

I made Slimming World chips last night for my daughter and i for supper, they are so yummy.

I will still be Janine without that cigarette and a better person for it. Give me strength!! Lol.

xxxx

Hi hun, i quit smoking just over 2 years ago, and it was the best thing i ever did!!

good luck!!

Thanks bunny_hops, feeling slighty crazy at the moment, very up and down and not really in control of my emotions!!

xx

are you getting any help with it? at the very start i was using the patches,but i found they wouldnt stick to my skin, so i decided to forget them.
i got a boots inhaler thing,which i used and got on well with.
the first few days are always the worse, but makes it through the first week, and half the battle is won.

i found a lot of the time it was habit too, i'd smoke after a meal,or something.. when you would usually have a fag, try to do something else to break the habit.. walking helps, drink water...and try to something with your hands...

you said youve got a daughter, there is your walking,talking reason for sticking this out!

it was because of my 2 lads that i quit, my eldest said he didnt like me smoking and asked me to quit..it wasnt until i sat down and thought,"hang on,what if i get cancer because of these things,who's going to look after my kids" my nan died of lung cancer,i didnt want the same to happen to me..everytime i wanted a fag, i would look at them or think of them and it got me through.

i hate the smell of smoke now, if someone walks past me who's a smoker i have to cover my face,its the most disgusting thing..you'll see!

stay strong!

are you getting any help with it? at the very start i was using the patches,but i found they wouldnt stick to my skin, so i decided to forget them.
i got a boots inhaler thing,which i used and got on well with.
the first few days are always the worse, but makes it through the first week, and half the battle is won.

i found a lot of the time it was habit too, i'd smoke after a meal,or something.. when you would usually have a fag, try to do something else to break the habit.. walking helps, drink water...and try to something with your hands...

you said youve got a daughter, there is your walking,talking reason for sticking this out!

it was because of my 2 lads that i quit, my eldest said he didnt like me smoking and asked me to quit..it wasnt until i sat down and thought,"hang on,what if i get cancer because of these things,who's going to look after my kids" my nan died of lung cancer,i didnt want the same to happen to me..everytime i wanted a fag, i would look at them or think of them and it got me through.

i hate the smell of smoke now, if someone walks past me who's a smoker i have to cover my face,its the most disgusting thing..you'll see!

stay strong!

You just made my heart swell, what a lovely message and so true and uplifting regarding the kids. I am on the lozenges but i do have some patches in the cupboard so if i get desperate will give them a go.

Thank you once again for your support.

Take care. xx

really welcome Janine
Good luck, never give up
xoxo

Back