DC vs Go lower

jcjazzy

Silver Member
Hi everyone, I am currently doing the LL foundation programme and I'm midway through my fourth week.I intend to complete this and then do 4 weeks of their route to management before I go to an AI holiday to Tenerife :D. On my return I intend to get right back into my diet.I will still have several stones to lose and am considering either DC or Go Lower.Can someone give me some advice re both in order that I can make an informed choice.Thanks a bunch x

Well - I know nothing about Go Lower and a lot about DC !
With DC you pay for your hamper and it provides you with granola for breakfast (You add milk or low fat yoghurt), Soup or a shake for lunch ( I am not a lover of shakes so I have soup and a couple of pieces of fruit for lunch) and a main meal ( I add spinach/veg No carbs) and a snack of nairns oat biscuits/crisps or a nakd fruit bar (I tend to have that in the afternoon). I have found all the meals to be tasty and filling and despite the portions being on the smaller side I am never hungry except just before a meal !! I have had a few meals out but aim for no carbs and as low fat as poss !! I have had a few nights where I have had several glasses of wine.......... But if I step off.......... I am straight back on !

Hi jc .... can I just add to what Laura's said that the soup is proper honest to goodness soup, not powder that you make up - also that there is loads of variety and they'll exchange anything you don't like - and finally that all the soups and main meals come in pouches that you only have to stick in the microwave (or in a pan on the hob) so no preparation etc involved.

I believe there might be more exotic choices on Go Lower but the downside is that it's quite a bit more expensive I believe. Around £60 per week as opposed to the £47.50 DC charge - and off course at the mo if you buy 4 weeks you get a 5th free. Whether that'll be on when you want to get it is anybody's guess.

Good luck whatever you decide ..... have a fantastic holiday and remember - just cause it's AI doesn't mean it's compulsory to consume everything in sight!! :) ;) :) xx ...... I should probably add - like I would!!!! x

Last edited:
Thanks girls, Think I'll go for DC when the time arrives.Seems a long way off at present :(. Don't think I'll be fit to go berserk at AI after 18 weeks on LL! I'd probably be ill !!

Have a good hol and looking forward to hearing how you get on when you start !!

i did diet chef an lost 8lb in 3 weeks then i did go lower.the weight does come off quick with go lower but its so restrictive.i had to stop go lower as the food isnt very nice.the food on diet chef is so much nicer an i am goin bk 2 them.you cant even have an apple on go lower cuz its a low carb diet and an apple has got carbs in it!!

Thanks Girls.Diet chef it is.See you in August if you're around.Hope the special offer's still on then......................:D

the special offer goes on for a while then they stop it, then a few weeks later they start it again!! i was gutted when i missed the last special offer but when i went to their website the other day it was back on so i ordered it double quick!! parcel due on tues so diet starts weds!! wish me luck!

Good luck.Hope you're enjoying it.I can't wait until I can start! You might be finished by that time xx

got my parcel today so today is day 1
i have loved all the food i ate today and i know it is only 1 day but i see no reason why i would ever break this diet if all the food is as nice as the stuff i have had so far!

Hi everyone, I am currently doing the LL foundation programme and I'm midway through my fourth week.I intend to complete this and then do 4 weeks of their route to management before I go to an AI holiday to Tenerife :D. On my return I intend to get right back into my diet.I will still have several stones to lose and am considering either DC or Go Lower.Can someone give me some advice re both in order that I can make an informed choice.Thanks a bunch x

Where in Tenerife r u going? I off there this year never been & looking forward to it..

got my parcel today so today is day 1
i have loved all the food i ate today and i know it is only 1 day but i see no reason why i would ever break this diet if all the food is as nice as the stuff i have had so far!
Sounds good.Another thing to look forward to!!

Near Los gigantes, the mountains.I am hoping the weather is fab!!:DWhat about you which part are you going to?Someone told me that Siam park, the new water park is fab,but I don't think its near us and looks a bit dear.I can't wait !

Near Los gigantes, the mountains.I am hoping the weather is fab!!:DWhat about you which part are you going to?Someone told me that Siam park, the new water park is fab,but I don't think its near us and looks a bit dear.I can't wait !

I am going to El Marques just up from Los Gigantes. We have looked on the internet at the water park and does look good, when r u going, we are going end of July beginning of August.

Back