Dealing with work colleagues.........

Losing~It

Hi all,

I just started lipotrim today, two shakes so far and I'm feeling good :D.

One question though, how do you cope in work?

Today, I didn't feel comfortable having my shake at breakfast and lunch so I sat with my bottle of water..........which didn't bother me until a few people made comments "Are you not eating today?", "Are you feeling sick?", Aren't you starving?"!!!

How do you find it in work? Have you told people you're on Lipotrim?

I just think it would be more pressure, people asking how it's going, reminding me I'm not eating etc.

Anyway thanks for reading and any input is greatly appreciated.

Not in work but at peoples houses. Mother-in-law was the worst, and her mother too. Both going on and on about how im stupid for not wanting tea and things - yet theyre the worlds worst for joining slimming world / weight watchers every few month and both forever watching their weight! I ended up telling them I started LT and nearly got force fed :| They were doing it on a purpose though, asking (and bringing quite close to me) if I wanted food then saying 'Oh sorry, we forgot' grrrr! I think its up to you, and what type of people they are. I never thought the in laws would have a problem (they do have an issue with my weight - nickname 'fatso') but it seems theyve got a terrible issue with it. Good luck whichever you decide to do, and hope you get where you want to be :) x

Goodluck to you both losing it and fizzstar. when i first started at work ppl where like u wont be able to do it as i previously failed on previous diets such as weight watchers and calorie counting ones.
i dont think the comments where being melacious but i ignored them got on with it and as they saw amount ive lost some of them have even decided to go on it themselves :)
if you want something really bad and work hard for it , i think in end you will achieve it and be a winner ...

Hi Losingit!
I restarted LT today and sat in my car outside of work at lunch time while having my shake. Not ideal but like you I dont want my colleagues knowing Im doing it. I dont know if that is an option for you but I think itll work for me for a while anyway. If you could get away with this for the first week or 2 it would be good. I also intend on using the excuse some days that I need to go to town to do a few jobs and this will get me away from them while they are eating and stop them questioning me as to why I am not eating.
You prob will have to let them know eventually but as I said if you can get over the first 2 weeks (the worse ones) then youll be sorted.
Glitzy :p

I worried about that too but decided since I work shifts and its not really feasable to go out at all my breaks to just come clean. I think it made it easier, it was a 5 min wonder and now I just get asked occasionally how much Ive lost and best of all if there are any sweets etc in, then they know not to even ask me.

Personally, I think it's a bad idea not to tell your colleagues. By all means go and have your shakes in the car - I know I will but you may be surprised by how supportive they may be for you in your weightloss journey. The route you're taking is not an easy one and you need all the help you can get.

I am fortunate that I've only got 30 minutes for lunch so temptation doesn't stand long in my way...

Thank for all the replies :)

Fizzstar- I'm so sorry your in-laws are treating you like that! But use their negativity to make a positive, its motivation- stick with this and you can prove them wrong. We are all here to try and make changes, despite what people think......Lipotrim is not an easy answer so feel good that you have taken the first and biggest step towards your goal. *hugs*

Chan81- I'm glad you ended up being an inspiration.........it must be such a confidence booster hun. Congrads and keep up the hard work :)

Glitzybug- I dont have a car :cry:. I ended up sneaking into the bathroom and hiding in a cubicle.......er, when I reread that it sounds very sad for a grown woman lol. Best of luck!

Starlight- sounds like you work with a great group of people. Want to swap? :p

Dellybelly- I'm not worried about the temptation. I guess it's the fact that we are all around a table and I'm so embarassed by my weight anyway that I don't even want to admit it's an issue. Obviously when I start losing I'll have to tell people but at least at that stage I'll be in a routine and getting results.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply. Woohoooo for us, bring it on!!!! :D

bring it on is right, i know we all can do it :D:D

Thank for all the replies :)

Fizzstar- I'm so sorry your in-laws are treating you like that! But use their negativity to make a positive, its motivation- stick with this and you can prove them wrong. We are all here to try and make changes, despite what people think......Lipotrim is not an easy answer so feel good that you have taken the first and biggest step towards your goal. *hugs*

Thanks again for taking the time to reply. Woohoooo for us, bring it on!!!! :D

My in-laws have never accepted me. Size 10 (4years ago), size 24 (9 months pregnant), size 18 (now) never have or will be. So I know how it feels to be accepted and not be judged etc. Have you thought about going for a walk during your dinner whilst having your shake/soup? It could help, just slip out after making it up and finding somewhere nice to sit? Anything you want to do, regarding this, then do it if it makes you feel better. And youre right, we can all do it :D

Fizzstar great idea! It just tells you how bad my mindset is when it never occurred to me to get off my butt and go for a walk. I've decided that you are to quit your job, move here and be my walking buddy :p

I feel tonnes better now. :D THANK GOD I FOUND YOU MINIMINS *group hug*

Fizzstar great idea! It just tells you how bad my mindset is when it never occurred to me to get off my butt and go for a walk. I've decided that you are to quit your job, move here and be my walking buddy :p

I feel tonnes better now. :D THANK GOD I FOUND YOU MINIMINS *group hug*

What makes it 100 times better is that I dont work, my other half supports me :D So I get to do what I want to do during the day (eating! but not anymore) so im going to start walking places once ketosis has set in fully and im feeling better. It can only be good, surely? Having a dog also helps with walking. Motivation :) Honestly, I was directed here and im so glad I was! Ive found out some bits and read peoples success storys which is making me keep at it, keep it up honey, believe in yourself and it'll work x

Back