Decision time

joh117

I thought I would share my decision. I have decided to go it alone from management.

I have been messing around for 4 months now. I went to prague last weekend and I didnt take any packs. I didnt put on any weight when I was away so figured if I can watch what I eat then there is no reason why I cant do this.

I have learnt what are trigger foods already and also what causes me to make bad decisions with food (alcohol) and I have done all of the trigger foods when I have had a binge in the past.

I am over the binge stage and think I am no good following such strict rules etc...

My councillor thinks its time to take away the crutch of the packs too.

So I have decided that I am happy where I am (could do to loose a few lbs) and I need to tone up. So I have started excersising more. I have been to a Salsa Tone class on tues night for an hour and I went swimming for 40 mins last night. I cycle to work 4 days a week for 25 mins a day.

So I am hoping this helps me fit more comfortably into my size 10's.

I am going to take up running 2 - 3 times a week. The aim is to build up to doing distance something I have never been able to do before.

I am having a healthy diet and have found that Quinoa Porridge on a morning is keeping me full till lunchtime. I never would have tried Quinoa had it not been for LL. Didnt even know what it was before.

I use weightlossresources to ensure that I dont overdo my calorie intake.

I intend to go once a week to get weighed and when I feel comfortable may reduce this down

This journey has taken me 10 months and I am ready to face what the future holds. I am determined not to go back to how it used to be. I am much more aware of what I am eating and the decisions I make and pay much more attention to the labels

Jo

Wow, you have done so well and sound so organised and sensible, I am sure you are going to be just fine. I don't know about the management stages etc.. but if your head is in the right place, which it certainly seems to be - then Good Luck for your new slim and healthy life!

Well done Jo on reaching where you are and for having the confidence to move forwards. You sound so positive, I'm sure you'll do brilliantly :)

well done jo, good luck xx

Thanks everyone for your words of support and encouragement.

Well I have joined the gym. It is month by month membership which I am pleased with as I am not tied in. I have been and bought some running shoes and had them professionally fitted.

I have been to a few classes to see what I like. I am booked in for a programme to be made for me in the gym on monday and also a Spin class which I am looking forward to.

I dont think I will loose weight as I will be building muscle however I have been told that I will drop a clothes size which is exactly what I want. I want my size 10's to feel good on me.

I am very excited about the whole exercise thing and am looking forward to working towards entering a race next year once I have built up my stamina for running.

I will still keep popping in to minimins to see how everyone is getting on and if I can offer advice I will.

Jo

Cogratulations all the best

You are an inspiration. Your positivity is just what we, who are only at the beginbing of our journey so need to hear. It's great to know that we can lose weight and keep it off. Well done and thanks for brighteneing my day x

Thank you Dramaqueen. Your words mean a lot to me too. I have gained a few pounds and I was beating myself up over this and keep loosing track of how much weight I have actually lost and what and achievement that actually is.

I dont think I will ever be happy with my body. I was at first after the massive loss but now I am very self critical of how I look. I am hoping that the exercise will not only make me a more healthy person but also help me feel better about my body.

I was amazed at how easy I found exercise on the treadmill and the cross trainer at the gym the other night. I was able to push myself much further than I had ever been able in the past. It felt great.

Just wish I could go more often but I have a young daughter and also feel bad leaving my hubby for a few hours a night every other night. 3 times a week is OK for now though.

Jo

Back