Deep breath and here I go!

yorkyrose

Hi, I found this site whilst looking round for slimming world recipes. I started dieting again last Monday and lost 5lbs in my first week. I have not joined a group this time for several reasons, but have done SW before - many times.
I am a serial dieter, and am proud to say over the last 4 years I have managed to lose 8st. However, I can only diet when my heart and mind agree with each other, and that is not often. Last week for the first time in months, my motivation made an appearance, so here I am.
Trying a web site and forum is a new way for me, so I am really excited about what I will find and if the support of others will make a difference.
As they say in reality TV, I am on a journey! - all be it a long one, so I am looking for travelling companions!

I've just joined too but been doing sw for 10 week and lost over a stone and a half. This week i only lost half a.pound so am in need of motivation! Good luck with the journey . H

Hi Helen, frustrating when u only get a small loss or maintain, especially if you have been good. 1.5 stone is fab well done you. How much are you wanting to lose in total?

Hi . In total want to lose 3.5 to 4 stone max. So another two stone To go just hoping xmas doesn't run it too much !! How about yourself??

Oh I have quite a long journey to say the least, I have just over 6 stone to lose, but to be honest I haven't ever weighed that so it is only a dream! As I said before it is all about motivation for me, occasionally my head gets into positive mode and off I go. I think this time, it may be led by the fact that my friend who also has a weight problem has get her head around it, so I need to keep up - if I can. I know we have to do it for ourselves, but to be honest it's not always enough for me!

You can still do it - no matter if its one stone or 6 stone - it has to be alifestyle change not a quickfix ( so they keep saying!! ) so i try to remember that !! i know i cant get to my goal weight and suddently be eating pizza and cakes and think ill stay at the goal weight - unfortunately!!
It does get hard with motivation to keep up - i would say go to class and stay - i do every week and think it helps - if i have a bad loss or not a great one - ill try to be super good the week after and read the book again and try new recipes. I buy the magazines too and read through them as and when i get chance... hopefully with you and a friend doing the diet you will both stick to it - im doing it with my sister - but make sure if she decides one week not to go - you still do - else you will fall out of the weighloss mode and it will be harder to get back in ... i also say to my sister even if you dont think youve lost you still have to weigh as whats the point not going? go - weigh - find out what you put on ( if you have as you may of lost still ) and start a new week fresh the next day... its not easy quick or easy but YOU CAN DO IT !! Good luck and keep in touch.

Thanks Helen, I can tell you are really motivated, so keep on the wave! I too feel fine about things, well into my 2nd week and not losing momentum. For the last year I haven't made it through a single day without being naughty. You are right about the lifestyle thing, that is the only way to do it, being on a diet is such a difficult thing for me to process, but making healthy options and substitutions feels easier. It is also easier for hubby to get his head round. He just doesn't get dieting, can eat and drink whatever and is always lean! I have enjoyed this site for the recipes, to be honest that was the main reason for joining, but I now kind of hope the support from others may also be good!

Last week was i wasnt motivated !! friday and saturday werent good and i went over the syns a little - not loads but a bit and werent happy but weighed monday and lost 2.5 lbs !! wow so and now very motivated !! have 4 lbs to lose to get to two stone so hoping i can do that by xmas ( then put some of it back on haha )
Its hard not to have treats but i guess we have to learn to have them in moderation - as boring as it can be, for our own health its got to be done i guess. Its easy to say it - but not so easy to actually do it - but this week i have turned down a cream cake so am very happy with myself. Thing is that one cake would of been lovely for all of 2 minutes then i would of regreted it the rest of the day or even week. My boyfriend too is one of these people that can eat what they like and dont put it on which is so annoying cos he snacks all the time !! but he works on his feet all day so that is why he can do it as he is burning calories all the time. I havent looked at the recipes yet but do seem more inspiration and change in the food i eat so will have a look for them too. Good luck with the weight loss. When do you weigh??

Hi, well done on your loss! It is great if it has given you a little push and got the motivation train going again. I lost 3 this week, so happy with that. I have been weighing on a Monday, but to be honest, I think it was probably a bad idea as I do really well during the week, then spend all the weekend just trying to maintain. I too have been good again this week and the crimbo choccies are starting to make an appearance in the offices I visit. I have however had my Christmas meal at work on Tuesday, so if I only have a small loss or maintain this week, I should be grateful - but I know I won't be. Motivation is still with me for now, so if I could get another good week before Christmas I would be suited. I started before Christmas on purpose mainly for damage limitation and so I can enjoy things without too much guilt.

I Weigh Mondays too... but i chose Monday deliberately to make sure i be good at weekends cos i know i have to weigh on Monday !! I see it as if you weigh on friday - you will be bad over the weekend then will spend the 5 work days trying twice as hard to be good to get back on track again ... and thats not the way to do it - you have to change your eating habits for good for everyday - and not be bad 2 days and be really hard on yourself for 5 days - cos surely thats twice as hard? and you are going from one extreme to the other ... do you understand ??
My sister wanted to weigh fridays so she can binge at weekends but i just dont get it !! So if she uses all her syns in 2 days - you have no treats or anything in the other 5 days !!
but thats just me !! i wouldnt change my monday weigh ins for anything ! and im even looking forward to weighing on the Tuesday after xmas ! haha how sad is that ! i will eat what i like over xmas but im not going to pig out and have ten quality streets - i can just have one ( thats what im trying anyway ! )
I had a piece of chocolate birthday cake yesterday and after wards i felt so full up and regreted it - somehow im slowly learning i dont need to eat as much as i do - i had a fairly large lump of cake - then a bit of my boyfriends icing ... but ive been good today as im weighing tomorrow. Im also going out for dinner tomorrow night so am looking forward to that too.
Sometimes... when i have a down day .. i need to read my own advice !! to keep me on track. But my boyfriend does really well and keeps me going - very supportive which im very happy with.
A diet is not binging for 2 days and starving for 5 !!!
Hopefully this helps and doesnt sound like a lecture !! it doesnt mean to.
I had my xmas meal on friday night - lebanese meze and 4 glasses on wine ... so hopefully i have lost a little bit this week - i do hope so.
Anyway... Good luck for weigh in tomorrow - let me know how you do.
Stay strong - Speak tomorrow
H

Back