defected to ww AND

I've done WW numerous times (at varying weights but usually being somewhere between 15-18st) and never even achieved my half stone. For me, SW suits me to a 'T' and I always lose loads on it. However, I do know that the last time I did SW and lost about 4st I then switched to WW (whilst still attending my SW class- naughty, I know!) for a few weeks just to boost my losses and it did work because of the restriction.

However, I do know that the last time I did SW and lost about 4st I then switched to WW (whilst still attending my SW class- naughty, I know!) for a few weeks just to boost my losses and it did work because of the restriction.

Tee hee, naughty girl!!! :8855:
That is so funny!!!

Due to SW offering Original and Green Plan, extra easy, mix to max, success express and if you need a boost fast forward - it offers so much. I cannot see how it would restrict anyone. The idea of just the red and green of SW years ago may be restrictive to some. But these days, they offer sooo many plans, that it has something to suit anyone.

Just wish there was a syns calculator and counter to carry around now. And the points scales like WW do. If SW was a bit more innovative like that, I do not think many plans could compete with it.

However, I do know that the last time I did SW and lost about 4st I then switched to WW (whilst still attending my SW class- naughty, I know!) for a few weeks just to boost my losses and it did work because of the restriction.

I did that after a couple of weeks when I joined WW (for the 2nd or third time. I used to be the weigh in lady lol) in November. I decided to do the SW plan instead. Then decided I was not going to pay for a monthly pass to not be doing the right plan lol

I seriously need a slap at times lol

I lost all of my weight on ww by doing core plan which is very similar to extra easy on here. They did away with the core plan at xmas and brought in discover which is points based and tends to lean you towards the good choices that you had with the core plan. I refused to go back to class when I gained a few extra pounds to have someone drum points back into my head that is why I chose to come to SW and do the extra easy plan as I feel happy doing that and it doesn't feel I am on a diet either and my loss this week proved it works for me. I never went hungry and so enjoyed the plan and class.

Sandy, SW Restrictive? In what way? I can understand why some people can't handle eating vast amounts of food but Ive never heard anyone calling SW restrictive before?

I have done both plans and actually enjoyed the two of them but at the end of the day SW came out just that little bit better to suit my lifestyle and i know i will get to goal on SW this year!

I dont eat veggies at all and hated the fact I couldnt have meat with pasta, potatoes with chicken, I ended up eating the same things all the time and got so incredibly bored with it. I also felt I just ate too much portion wise, I didnt feel I learned anything about portion contro

I know it does work but for me it just didnt at all. Like you with SW, WW suits my lifestyle to a t.

Due to SW offering Original and Green Plan, extra easy, mix to max, success express and if you need a boost fast forward - it offers so much. I cannot see how it would restrict anyone. The idea of just the red and green of SW years ago may be restrictive to some. But these days, they offer sooo many plans, that it has something to suit anyone.

Just wish there was a syns calculator and counter to carry around now. And the points scales like WW do. If SW was a bit more innovative like that, I do not think many plans could compete with it.

When I did it it was just the green and red days, which was exactly why I found it too restrictive (wish Id spotted your post first now lol)

Im amazed SW dont do Syn calculators, theyre definitely missing a trick there.

I lost all of my weight on ww by doing core plan which is very similar to extra easy on here. They did away with the core plan at xmas and brought in discover which is points based and tends to lean you towards the good choices that you had with the core plan. I refused to go back to class when I gained a few extra pounds to have someone drum points back into my head that is why I chose to come to SW

Bad leader you have there, Core IS still available if thats what you want to do, its not encouraged but she should have told you that. You can still get Core literature etc

I posted after yours, so wasn't your fault Sandy lol (edit:just saw what post you were talking about...I did not look before posting myself!lol)...When I started my first SW journey in 2001 it was just read and green. So no potatoes with meat or rice with chicken curry. That became a bit restrcitive for sure!

I have found, whether I am at SW or WW, the consultant can make or break it for you. Some are terrible and some really know how to inspire. My consultant is still on the journey herself. It makes you feel that she truly empathises. Plus, she is realistic. She has fallen off the wagon herself before.

Some, have their own idea of what the best plan to follow is and will not budge of it. That is not good at all....and members can be lost due to it!

Last edited:
Back