DELETE PLEASE

Re: Body Magic

30 min walk with the dog yesterday. 2 hour walk with the dog today and 185 squats. It's that wonderful time of the month and I get quite ratty and demotivated and walking is the only thing I can manage. I ate a load of home made ginger bread and shortcake cookies last night...self sabbotage so I did that big walk today to help compensate.

135 squats now done :)

Well done Jennie for keeping up the walking - keep going with that at least if you don't feel like doing anything else. Rather handy you had those home made treats to hand when you needed a fix ;) Sounds yummy :)

Day 5 of the shred completed last night Emmylc! Going for day 6 and the gym this evening!

Will also be having a look at the lunges challenge later.

Got it in early today - 7th day of 30DS L1 done with 2 full sets of push ups again (woohoo!) plus 140 squats too. Think I might try to tie the squats and 30DS together so do 3 days on one day off maybe.

Contemplating either a run or maybe even swimming or aqua zumba (never tried it before) tomorrow.

Love the satisfied feeling when you've done your body magic early on in the day and can relax then plus the great positive mood it puts you in for the rest of the day :D

Last edited:
Well ladies I have decided that the shred and the gym on the same day do not mix so I will be doing day about. Went to the gym last night and spent a good hour there so shred this evening when I get home from work!

Well ladies I have decided that the shred and the gym on the same day do not mix so I will be doing day about. Went to the gym last night and spent a good hour there so shred this evening when I get home from work!

Sounds like a good idea to do them on different days - you don't want to over do it. You're in this for the long haul so we don't want you burning out ;)

Speaking of overdoing it, I was planning a rest day today but found myself actually wanting to do the shred!

So I did another day of shredding and then went for a 5k run as planned - the extra activity will hopefully help counteract the little caramel chew chew accident I had last night before bed :D

First 5k in my fivefinger shoes so a bit tougher than normal - am sure I'll be aching tomorrow.

Rest day for the squats at least :D

I did a 40 minute walk today. I'm taking it easy this week and I'll be back to business as usual next week. Great to see everyone is so active :)

Got it in early today - 7th day of 30DS L1 done with 2 full sets of push ups again (woohoo!) plus 140 squats too. Think I might try to tie the squats and 30DS together so do 3 days on one day off maybe.

Contemplating either a run or maybe even swimming or aqua zumba (never tried it before) tomorrow.

Love the satisfied feeling when you've done your body magic early on in the day and can relax then plus the great positive mood it puts you in for the rest of the day :D

Good idea. I think I'm going to start earlier in the day too. My moods have really improved since increasing my exercise.

30 DS L1 done plus 150 squats.

Calves very tight after yesterday's fivefinger shoe run - might take a rest day tomorrow maybe.

Took a complete break yesterday but back to it today with 2 hours of leaflet delivery this morning. Planning my 10th L1 30 DS workout later this evening and some squats as well.

30 DS L1 done with full press ups and all the advanced moves - that's 10 days now so on to L2 tomorrow :D Unfortunately the youtube video for L2 has been removed so I might actually have to buy it grrr :(

160 squats done as well but god are they getting boring now - not sure I'll make it to the end but we'll see.

Did my usual routine walking to group, walking on into town and then walking back home from town (all approx 30 mins each) and have just got hold of L2 30 DS as the youtube one disappeared :(

Having taken a look at the L2 routine I think it'd be better to start that a fresh tomorrow (oh god that does look quite a bit harder than L1!) so that'll do for today - squats rest day too.

How's everyone else doing?

Just done my first day of 30 DS L2 and all I can say is oh.my.god - that's some step up from L1! My arms and shoulders were killing me and the cardio was evil in this level! I actually had to take 2-3 mini breaks in this one even with the Tesco man arriving with our delivery just before the first abs set and giving me an inadvertent break!

I was pretty pleased with myself that I had upped my level of fitness to such a degree before starting L1 that I actually found it pretty easy - now I've been brought back down to earth with L2 :D Always good to be reminded that there's room for improvement!

I am actually totally dripping with sweat after that short workout - similar to what I would get after an hour of Thai boxing so it must be good!

Aqua Zumba planned for later tonight, now that wasn't good thinking was it? Plus "Land" Zumba tomorrow night as my friend calls it! This week is gonna be painful :cry:

Oh and almost forgot - 180 squats, getting rather monotonous now, not so bad doing them while watching the Mentalist though ;)

Last edited:
Back