Delicious Sweet Chicken Curry

guesswho

since starting SW like most of you I cook all of my food from scratch and I recently dabbled in making curry which to be honest I just threw in spices and hoped for the best, I dont have much experience with ingredients so didnt know if the flavour would work, it's not a difficult recipe and some might find it basic but I thought I'd post it on here as I thought it tasted lovely :D and thought someone else might try it and hopefully like it too :rolleyes: ... to me it's just about adding another option to our weekly meals to stave off boredom.

Here goes:

Chicken breast cubed or sliced
400g kidney beans
400g chopped tomatoes
chopped spring onions
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp garlic granules or fresh garlic
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 garam masala
2 - 3 tsp of curry powder
Splendar to make it sweet, I used 2 tbsp as I have a sweet tooth, add more or less for personal taste.
---------------------------------------------

Seal your chicken pieces in a non stick pan with fry light and add the spring onions and fry for a further few minutes.
To this add the turmeric which will turn the chicken a beautiful yellow colour.

The curry sauce:
Blend the kidney beans and add all of the various flavours and spices (do not blend the tomatoes leave them chunky).
add the can of tomatoes to the sauce and remember to stir in order to leave chunks of tomato, although most of which will disintergrate when cooked.

Add the sauce to the pan of chicken and cook/simmer for 25 mins.

If there's any sauce left over pour it into a clean jam jar and pop in the fridge or freeze it in a suitable container.

Serve the chicken curry with SW chips or boiled rice OR HALF 'N HALF ;O)

Add more or less of the ingredients above for personal taste :)

Hope you like it :D

Going to give this a try as I have not had a curry that I really enjoy since cooking the SW way. Will let you know how I get on.

Going to give this a try as I have not had a curry that I really enjoy since cooking the SW way. Will let you know how I get on.

I really hope you like it hun, I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I'm not a big curry fan but I really enjoyed this. I think the splendar helped a lot because of the sweetness :eek:

Back