Demon Drink

I have no intention of giving up drink. I would die with out a glass of wine to wind down with lol.

Im following weight watchers and save points if I have a night out planned. Although I must admit I would have most likley lost more If I left it out all together. I enjoy going out Im not prepared to not drink. I love going out with my friends. I jus makesure there's no late night munching for me. xxx

I'm the opposite, I can go months without a drink (surely I can't be 25!) ;)

I think mixers are recommended as long as its a diet drink, that way its only a few syns each time. You could always do a flexi day & plan how many you think you'd have (if thats possible) so that you can enjoy more syns when you're out for drinks.

Well this is my first week and WI is at 5:30!! not looking forward to it.. been doing great all week except Sat and Sun.. Im doing SW.. a bottle of Bulmers light is 8 syns and u only get up tot 15 per day so Im well and truely screwed!! I had 6 plus 2 glasses of wine :( I was following WW but gave up last week and started SW so will let u know how I get on.. not hoping for much of a loss :(

Well this is my first week and WI is at 5:30!! not looking forward to it.. been doing great all week except Sat and Sun.. Im doing SW.. a bottle of Bulmers light is 8 syns and u only get up tot 15 per day so Im well and truely screwed!! I had 6 plus 2 glasses of wine :( I was following WW but gave up last week and started SW so will let u know how I get on.. not hoping for much of a loss :(

However it goes, good or bad, at least you went :) Just draw a line under it & start afresh tomorrow. You could always ask at group what low-syn drinks they'd recommend on a night out.

My WI is on a Saturday morning which means my syn allowance starts again on a Saturday. Mainly drink red wine, gin and slimline and if I go to the pub I'll have either bitter or larger. WI'ing on a Saturday works wonders for me as i can pull my syns back during the week if I need to

I'm Like you Blond-de, really struggle not to have a drink. I don't drink in the house so have to journey to the pub, bad weather coming up so perhaps I will not drink as much. Can't really offer advice, just support

I think mixers are recommended as long as its a diet drink, that way its only a few syns each time. You could always do a flexi day & plan how many you think you'd have (if thats possible) so that you can enjoy more syns when you're out for drinks.

Same for me (although I'm 26!) Just had a week on holiday and didn't have any alcohol....I just don't really often fancy it.

Thought I was the only one who wasnt a big drinker, nice to know Im not alone. I can go for weeks without a drink, when I go out, I dont usually go mad.. I never stick to the same drink either! never know what to drink!!! :)

I'm 21 and like you, can go months with out a drink. I always drive if we go out as it is easier to get home. And when we do go out clubbing I still have a brilliant time when I am sober, there is normally a couple of us too so we have a right laugh. :) But I am always up dancing with the rest of them probably looking like a right idiot :D x

I don't manage. That's why I've been losing and gaining the same couple of pounds for weeks. I have months with no social life then all of a sudden I have weekly or twice weekly events for a few weeks.

I'm going out tomorrow night to an italian place. I'm going to try to minimise damage caused by having G&Ts instead of wine (saves a few syns) and alternate with diet coke. As for the food, that is a bit difficult. I could find some tomatoey pasta dish that will be lower in syns, but pizza is my favourite food and my biggest problem with sw is that pizza is verboten! Don't even start on smash pizza or wrap pizza....IT IS NOT THE SAME!!!!!

We'll see what willpower I can muster! ;)

I only have a drink on a saturday so i save all my syns for this and drink vodka with diet mixer or gin with slimline tonic. xx

I drink every weekend, I'm only 21 so not about to stop enjoying myself just yet!

I tend to stick to vodka and diet coke but i love flavoured vodka and diet lemonade if i'm round at a friends.

I don't manage. That's why I've been losing and gaining the same couple of pounds for weeks. I have months with no social life then all of a sudden I have weekly or twice weekly events for a few weeks.

Wow same as you, I must be what they class as a binge drinker!

There is nothing to say you need to give up alcohol on SW. That is what syns are there for after all. You just need to sensible about the amount you are drinking, not just because it can affect losses but because of the potential impact on your health, which is well-known.

Personally if it got to the point where I could not imagine going without a drink or felt that I could not enjoy myself without drinking, then i would would have to question whether I had a problem. If that makes me a boring old f**t then so be it, but I seen too many people destroy their lives through the demon drink.

Back