depo injection and orlistat..

Discussion in 'Orlistat (Xenical)' started by moocow27, 19 November 2010 Social URL.

1. moocow27

moocow27 Member

Start Weight:
    17st8lb
    Current Weight:
    16st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(7.72%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    slimming world
    hey well just a quick question,im on depo injection so dont get preggaz again,got 3 kids already,and was just wondering does orlistat affect the depo?cos i 4got 2 ask my doc wen she give me these tablets and i no if can affect the pill cos thats taken orally bt not sure on this...thanks

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Wants to Be Slim

Wants to Be Slim Full Member

Start Weight:
    27st10lb
    Current Weight:
    25st0.5lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9.5lb(9.66%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    From what i understand it effects the oral pill because it's harder it absorb into the body. The pill stays in you body for less time because of the orlistat.

I'm on the Implanon Implant and mine is fine because its not oral. Might be worth ringing a Chemist now before they shut (most supermarkets have them till late, Asda is 10pm) But i know mine is fine.

4. AmyE

AmyE Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.2%)
    Diet:
    Xenical
    I'm not sure, how it effects it if you stick to the rules, but I'd imagine it may cause problems if you have bad side effects, same as a stomach bug might do xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.