depo injection womens problems :~(

metrognome

is getting better at it
hello, do i have anything to worry about i have been on the depo injection for years had a break for a couple of years then gone back on it the beginning of this year but the last two weeks i have been having a bleed.
i phoned the docs last week and he said let it settle for a week or two, has anyone had anything like this
thanks

Hi Kaz,

I have been on depo for about 18 months, never had any problems really but sometimes when my injection is due I bleed a bit for a couple of days.

I would do what the doctor suggests and just wait a while for it to settle, when did you have your injection? Was it your first one again this time round?

Hope it settles down for you xx

hi ya no had the first one in feb and this one i had in october, i may just wait until next month when i go back for another one

I will not give you the full details of my 18mth on depo but let me tell you it was pure hell and I never stopped bleeding!! The doctor always said leave it a few months and by the time I started to produce breast milk I had been through hell on it! Never ever again. But yes you can bleed on it!

I've had the depo for years and returned to it earlier this year, I was shocked to have a bit of a bleed after 3 shots, but its all subsided now. It was the only time I have had that happen and I have used depo since I was about 19 and I'm 30 now. Having said that I have the depo 11 weekly rather than 12 weekly, as advised by family planning because of the bleeds. xx

Depo really messed up my system. I wish I knew then what I know now, I would never have opted for it. Yes, you can bleed randomly on it.

thanks ladies you have put my mind at rest, sorry some of you have had bad experiences but up till now i thought it was wonderful
thanks again

Yep I was the same started at 17 had no probs, had a few personal problems and kept forgetting it so nurse suggested the implant (big mistake I hated it)...bled constantly, when i came off it I fell pregnant (intended) but chose the injection after bubs and it wasn't the same :( Not using anything at the moment as i couldnt stand the mood swings!

Back