Desparately wanting to lose weight - lostinarnia's diary

Hello all,

I thought that I should pop in to give a quick update (it is now around 3 am and I only got in about half hour ago) I have now ordered the scales they should arrive between the 5th - 9th March and I have got a grocery delivery booked with lots of yummy healthy food.

Hi lostinarnia, here to sub. ...your plans look good, I think it always helps to gave goals in mind whether specifically weight related or not.

I would probably suggest that you need to be drinking more water/fluid daily. ...you can find out more info online or use an app to track intake. ..I use one called water your body and am aiming for around 2.8-3L per day and more on exercise days. O find it really helps with my losses although it was hard to drink that much at first!

Becky x

Hello Becky,

Thank you for replying!

It is funny that you should say that about drinking more as i usually carry a 2 litre bottle around with me and a couple days ago i invested in a 1 litre bottle. The last couple of days i have filled each bottle up and i have drunk 3 litres and i do feel so much better for it!

Lostinarnia xx

Hi :)

I'm back again on my weight loss journey.
I seem to be following you round the forums lol, posting after you, so thought I'd post here and say hi.

Hi DietDutchess,

I love your name! :)

LOL! It is funny when that happens, i am a member on another forum and i do that to others which can feel awkward - i am so glad that you dropped in to say hello

Lostinarnia xx

Night night all (I promise to be back tomorrow and catch up properly - I didnt want to be a lurker again :))

Lostinarnia xx

Good luck on your weight loss journey. I hope we can tackle it together. You drink way more than me. I'm lucky if I get 2l a day, so might tackle that issue first. Baby steps right.

hi diet duchess
welcome back and good luck on your journey love x x x

Good luck on your weight loss journey. I hope we can tackle it together. You drink way more than me. I'm lucky if I get 2l a day, so might tackle that issue first. Baby steps right.

Hi Gamy,

Of course we can tackle it together! :)

I think that is a great idea to look at your drinking first. I am focusing on that for now and even without major changes in my diet I feel a whole lot better.

We can do this together!

lostinarnia xx

Afternoon :)

How has your weekend been?

Hey Susie,

Thanks for dropping by! :)

I was at work this weekend (I support people with learning disabilities) it was nice as I was distracted as there seem to be a few issues that are bubbling there way up but oh well gotta get up and at em!

How was your weekend?
Did you do anything fun?

lostinarnia xx

Sorry this is a flying post - I am absolutely knackered! I will hopefully post more around the board tomorrow or technically later today!

lostinarnia xx

Thanks hun I had a fab one, lots of rushing around but achieved lots :)

Hope you get some rest!

That's great Susie, it is always great to achieve lots especially at a weekend you almost feel saintly don't ya! :)

lostinarnia xx

Perhaps I should post an update (WARNING THIS POST IS QUITE NEGATIVE)

I received the scales on Monday and as soon as they arrived I bit the bullet and got weighed, it is no exaggeration to say that I was absolutely devastated as the number was 5 st worse than my worst case scenario. The days after were not very good, I had a bad spell of my depression and a flare up of the (possible still to be diagnosed) PTSD.

I went on a major binge and feel as though I am even more of a failure. :(

lostinarnia xx

lost your not a failure love we all have down days love put it behind you now x x x

Oh Lost honey, I know it's easy to focus on the negatives of a situation - we all do it, as Chezzie says - but sweetie just try to say to yourself, "OK, i weigh more than I thought - but I've bought the scales to help me, and I know what to do to lose weigh, so here goest".

Having a plan is such a great start - and you are at that point already! Make today your start day and I just know it will make you feel more positive and upbeat about it. And for inspiration read Shelley's diary - she and so many others here have done what you and I want to do - lose weight and get healthy - and we WILL do it!

Sxxxx

February for me was a whole down month! So trust me your not a failure. We all fall off the horse from time to time, but we dust ourselves off and get back on and start moving in the right direction. I'm still 2.5lbs away from my lowest this time, but I plan to get them off this week plus some if possible, if not that's also fine as there is always next week, and the week after. Its easy to put the weight on, its getting it off that's the hard part.

Hun you are not a failure at all! I had a similar experience last year...I weighed myself for the first time in months and it was a lot more than I thought I weighed. And I did the same...went on a binge and felt really low. But then I realised that I should feel even more motivated to lose weight now...and you can do it!
We are all here to support you and if you ever need a chat. xx

Also noticed you work with people with learning disabilities...so do I :) xx

You are not a failure.

You are a brave, strong woman. You faced your fear and now you know where your at.

You are not going to see that number again.

Stick with the plan you set and you will succeed.

You are not alone, we are all 100% on this journey with you.

Big hugs

Laura

Started 20/01/15
15.5lb lost to date
Milestones

7lb - 10/02/15
1st - 03/03/15
5% - 03/03/15
1st 7 -

hi laura how are you doing x x

Hi hun...just checking in to see how you are? x

Back