Extra Easy Desperate need of encouragement

law3a3m

Gold Member
So, I know I'm an overly emotional person, always have been and always will be, but I'm finding my weight loss journey so emotional it's untrue!
I've been following SW for 13 weeks and lost 2st 4lb in that time, with about 6stone more to go. I've had mainly good weeks but I have no consistency to my losses. One week I loose 6lb then I'll lose half a pound and I think this is causing my stress. The past. 2 weeks I've stayed on plan and lost 1lb each week. I know that's great as its a loss but I'm disappointed with how slow its become. I'm not expecting an overnight miracle but I so wanted more on the scales.
I love my group but this week I felt a bit attacked when it came to image therapy. I expressed my disappointment and explained that I religiously note down my syns but everyone's suggestion was that extras must be creeping in. Even the consultant said this. I tried explaining that I KNOW this isn't the case but they carried on with what felt like a lecture. I know it came from a good place of wanting to help me but honestly I felt so belittled.
I've been really tearful the past couple of days, really down about myself Andover guess I'm looking for some inspirational words from others on their journeys so I feel less alone.

Sorry for the long rant a a million typing errors! I feel really stupid writing this but felt I needed somewhere to vent and my boyfriends response is always 'I think you're beautiful' which is lovely but not really helping me to feel better

Thanks for reading xxx

i have hit a 2 stone wall and have to admit some extras have krept in and i have started to cheat a little but on the weeks i dont cheat i still dont have big losses now the only thing that is starting to make a difference is excercise and i do sometimes have good weeks where i will excercise alot but realistically its not me and i really cant be arsed with it all upping my superfree is also a good one if you are feeling the weight isnt coming off fast enough.

try not to get dishartened we all have plateaus and you have lost a fantastic amount in 13 weeks at first i had good losses but it slows down as your body gets used to the diet try maybe mixing it up a bit with your meals i got really stuck in a rut with cooking the same meals all the time it does get boring so i try to mix it up and make new recipes i find on here which does keep me focused

hope that helps and im sorry if it doesnt give you any answers but these are things i have tried

i have had problems in my old group as the consultant didnt like me to join in at image therapy because i was only one that ever answered (im like a sw swat lol) her comments to me really switched me off for ages so i moved groups

I know it's hard when you can't get across your message properly! It is emotional to loose weight and see yourself change, and it's disheartening when you don't see losses your expecting. Do you keep a food diary? I find it helps for me to post my food on here so people can comment to highlight where I'm going wrong - there's usually something ill miss that others notice. I'm sure your group were just trying to help and that's what we're all on this website for, I'm relatively new to slimming world but other experienced members have given me lots of invaluable information on here. The important thing is not to give up and good luck with loosing the rest of your weight! Xxx

Look at the big picture xxx
I rejoined a couple of weeks ago and lost 4 pounds last week which was essentially my first week. Now I am due my star week any minute and despite being good, I have an awful feeling that this week I may maintain. I will be annoyed but if I lost 2 pounds last week and 2 this week then I would be happy if that makes sense.
In an ideal world, the weight would fall off us all but in the real world it doesn't. You just have to look at how well you have done overall and keep that thought in your head.

I am totally with you on the being attacked bit though. My own consultant is great but we have a visiting one that does almost accuse you of lying when you havent done well and claim you've behaved. You know what you have eaten , and I know that people are trying to help but sometimes you dont want to hear it.

Also bear in mind the amount of people that do fib and claim they have been behaved when they havent lol xxxxx

I would mention to your consultant, either before class or in the next class, how you have felt after the class. You will probably find they are quite sympathetic.

I would try not to take what was said as a personal attack. They probably thought they were being helpful, and were pointing out what they thought was the most obvious thing to start with. Make sure you tell your consultant you are happy with any loss and next time you would rather not have it commented upon.

At the end of the day, a loss is a loss and and you should be pleased about this. Yes, it might be fast or slow some weeks, but don't give up. You will get to your goal in the end by sticking with it!!

Do try and what you have eaten the weeks you have lost less compared to the bigger losses. It may be that you are doing things slightly differently whilst still being on plan, rather than having things sneaking in. So you might have less superfree some weeks, or might be having more speed foods one week. But I wouldn't worry yourself too much as you are still losing! Xx

I would mention to your consultant, either before class or in the next class, how you have felt after the class. You will probably find they are quite sympathetic.

I would try not to take what was said as a personal attack. They probably thought they were being helpful, and were pointing out what they thought was the most obvious thing to start with. Make sure you tell your consultant you are happy with any loss and next time you would rather not have it commented upon.

At the end of the day, a loss is a loss and and you should be pleased about this. Yes, it might be fast or slow some weeks, but don't give up. You will get to your goal in the end by sticking with it!!

Do try and what you have eaten the weeks you have lost less compared to the bigger losses. It may be that you are doing things slightly differently whilst still being on plan, rather than having things sneaking in. So you might have less superfree some weeks, or might be having more speed foods one week. But I wouldn't worry yourself too much as you are still losing! Xx

If the visiting consultant is going to be there the next week i always say 'half a pound or maintain' for my target lol

You are doing absolutely brilliant! Agree with everything everyone else is saying, a loss is a loss and if you just keep with it the weight WILL come off and yes it might be slow but in my opinion if you want to lose weight and keep it off it's never going to be very fast. Don't be so hard on yourself, I trust completely that you're following plan 100% but have you ever tried doing a food diary? Maybe if you showed that to consultant she'd realise you were following 100% and maybe be able to suggest something different to try that might speed it up a bit, or keep you motivated. I understand completely what you're going through, I've been following plan 100% for the last month and have ended up with a 1.5lb gain?! :confused: Some people just seem to lose it a lot quicker than others and that's just the way it is, but if you keep with the plan it definatly will come of at some stage, sometimes you just have to think what's the alternative?

You have done amazingly well in a short time, listening to people in class and on here losses do seem to slow down at times, everyone's body is different, im a slow but steady loser , so I agree with all above that a loss is a loss no matter how much. You should be proud of yourself and your achievement so far. Just think if you hadn't joined how much weight you could possibly have gained. This way you have lost weight and gained a slimming world family who will help and support you anyway they can. I left WW for exactly the same reason , the very first time I joined I stuck to the plan to the letter the 1st week ( I know everyone says this but i truly did) and I only lost 1/2lb, so I said to the leader ive stuck to it religiously, her answer " well I would hope you have and your not fibbing" - I thought you cheeky c*w why would I lie id only be cheating/lying to myself and I pay your wages, I put up with her a few more weeks then left. SW is the one for me, come on law chin up you can do this girl

Thank you all so much for your comments! I do think staying to group is really helpful but the support people give on here is even more helpful I think. Just knowing other people understand that even though i'm losing weight it's still emotional and I still have bad days.
A really daft example is when I was meant to be going on a night out last week, my first big night out since starting SW. Absolutely none of my clothes fitted as they were all hanging off me, but I ended up breaking down in tears with embarrassment that I let myself get to this size in the first place. I ended up not going out. My wonderful boyfriend was trying to get me to see this as a positive thing but I had my stress head on!
I think I might talk to my consultant about how I feel. The group dynamic has changed the past couple of weeks as a group of ladies have transferred from a different group and they're all friends away from SW so it kinda feels like we're gate crashing their group lol. I'm definitely going to stop setting weekly weight targets and set myself body magic targets or things like eating more super speed foods. That way hopefully I'll feel less pressured.
Again sorry for the mammoth rant!!

Its good to get it off your chest, if your doing it here it means your bf isn't getting it in the neck lol, my hubby always says to me " having a bad day are we" when I'm feeling sorry for myself about my clothes not fitting etc

I agree. Sometimes it just needs saying whether it's out loud or on here. You have done really well so far. I have had some good losses and some maintains (trying to get to target with no gains) and on the weeks when I maintain, I know I have still been 100% but I always go back and look at my diary (I keep one on my phone and have kept it religiously since starting as its one of the things that keeps me on plan). I then start to make some changes. I do mostly red days as I find I overeat rice, pasta and potatoes and subsequently get bloated. So if I have had quite a lot of the same thing, I change my veg or instead of meat I have more fish. Each maintain has then been followed by a decent loss. So sometimes it's not about extras creeping in or doing things wrong it's just about shaking things up a little which takes a little bit of planning but it's not a huge task. Maybe you could try some of the other challenges like fish week, scan bran, green tea or lemons, just to get some different foods, fluids or hex's into your plan. Good luck it's disheartening when things arent going as you'd like. :)

Back