Destination 119 - i will get there!

Destination 119!

Well today is day one of the rest of my life, sounds dramatic but that's how I feel. I truly feel like I've hit rock bottom with my weight and so the only way can be up!
I've tried Cambridge on two occasions previously and have had great success, the only problem being that I never gave myself enough time to complete the full 12 weeks as I did the diet as a panic before an all inclusive holiday - not a good plan! :)

I've tried every diet known to man and this is the only one I'm happy with, the results are fast and I save money...I'm also definitely an all or nothing kind of girl! I've got to the point where I'm avoiding going out with friends, panic if my boyfriend comes in the bathroom when I'm having a shower and have absolutely no clothes to wear :(

I work with homeless people who are alcohol and drug dependant and my food addiction mirrors their behaviours in so many ways it's frightening.

So here goes nothing, I've got 4 stone to lose which I'm hoping to do with 12 weeks of SS and two weeks of refeed after as I've booked a hotel spa break for me and my boyfriend in 14 weeks as an incentive, I will wear a fab bikini and be 9 stone, I WILL!

I'm going to keep a daily diary to look at on my down days but for today things are good, I've finally found a nice consultant too, the first two were horrible, third time lucky eh!

Good luck everyone x

Hi,
Good luck with the diet, ive been doing it now for 4 days and still feel really good about it,

Thanks both! I know it's only day one but I'm feeling really positive too...this site helps no end, when I struggled in the past there was nobody to turn to who understood so knew what to say to make me carry on - this site is different! :)

How much are you going to lose? Note I said going to and not hoping to! :) x

Well it's the end of my first day and I'm feeling good. 12 weeks is daunting but I'm sure this is the most determined I've ever felt and I've got so much to look forward to in April that the incentive is huge! I can't give in, April is going to arrive regardless of what I do between now and then so I need to keep thinking how I will look and feel if I stick to it and how I'll look and feel if I don't.

Food is now affecting my whole life, I'm not feeling as close to my boyfriend as I was as I won't let him near me and panic if he cuddles me thinking he'll feel how fat I've become. I can't concentrate in work cos I'm thinking of my next meal and always planning upstart tomorrow means I get nothing done!

Roll on tomorrow, can't wait until days turn into weeks!

I know what u mean about this site, it's very inspiring,
I'm no good at setting big targets, but would like to lose 3 stone by April,
but my first goal is to lose 1 stone

Setting small goals is definitely the best idea, the end result seems too big and too far away!
I've worked out that I'll be on this for 84 days...I'm going to take it in steps of 10 so I've only got 8 goals and 4 days at the end which will be bliss!

I'm considering not even finding out what my losses are as that's always been my downfall regardless of the diet. If I lose loads I get overly confident and end up eating and if I have a terrible loss I think what's the point and end up eating! I plan to be on it 12 weeks so what relevance are the weekly losses, it's the overall loss I'm interested in...we'll see but imagine the feeling of the 84th day when I fond out how much I've lost! Maybe....

Day two! Woohoo, I will never have to go through day one again. That's the way I'm going to approach these 12 weeks, each day I complete is gone forever cos I'm not doing the diet a fourth time, this is 3rd time lucky and that's it!
Feeling positive today, a little light headed but the scales say 12 stone 9 and yesterday I was 13, that can't be right can it!! Still planning on not knowing my weight, just had a 'let's see how day one went' peek! :)

Yay! Keep up the good work! :)
I'll keep watching your progress.
There are many good days and some not so good days but the wonderful community here is excellent support and really inspirational. :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks Steve, I've been reading your thread too and to be able to do Cambridge whilst all those bikers are eating and drinking around you is a serious achievement, you must have will power of steel!
Will be keeping an eye on how your doing too so good luck! :)

Ok - day three!

Another good day! Being in work for 12 hours has helped so I've decided to work some extra shifts whilst I'm on SS to keep me busy and it'll mean I can have more time off when I'm thin and fabulous! :) wondering why the carb withdrawal headaches etc haven't kicked in - am I just lucky or have I eaten so much in the last few weeks that my body is still living off that...hope it's not the latter!
Bought a bottle of coke zero today but didn't drink it, not sure if it's a good idea, some say yes, some say no but I'm trying to get over my fizzy drink addiction anyway so I shouldn't have it and I won't, feel better that I didn't but will keep it in case the time arrives that i'm really struggling...would rather have that than food.

Very tired and work again tomorrow so early to bed for me but glad day 4 is almost here and can't wait for day 7....I just want week two to arrive so the dreaded first week is done! :)

Day 4!
Today has been fine apart from still having toothache, random. It definitely helps being in work, have only just had my last shake cos it was so busy I didn't even think about it!! I need to do extra shifts to fill my time but can't find the motivation, want to start going to the gym too - asap! Looking forward to a lie in tomorrow and weigh in on Wednesday!

When is your 1st weigh in Sarah...getting on ok? X

hi, my first weigh in is tomorrow morning, I don't usually work on a Monday but am going in, I also find it easier when I'm there,
have a good day, 1st week nearly over x

How exciting - let me know how you get on!!
Have a good day x

Day 5 :(
Feeling a bit down today. Got a slight headache and I'm fed up. I'm not hungry, it just seems forever away until I finish...12 weeks and I haven't even finished week one yet. I know I'm not going to give in, not worried about that but if anything it makes it more annoying cos I know I'm stuck with this for ages! Everyone knows I'm on it aswell and they're all behind me so feel like I'm under pressure, even though I'm not. I'm rambling again and not making any sense! Weigh in one will spur me on I'm sure, until then I'll just walk around with a face like a smacked ar*e!

this diet is very hard at times but if u stick to it the results are great, it feels like life is passing u by while your on it, I have not told many people I'm doing it and am not going out till April, last time I did it I would convince myself I could still go out and wouldnt eat or drink a lot but it never happened, So this time it's different, I'm not saying I'm never going out again just not now xx

That's what I've decided too, I'm on this till 7th April so not going anywhere until then, I couldn't face it! x

Days six yesterday - went ok, only had one shake though and not much water as worked 8 till 8 and it was insanely busy, barely got chance to sit down! Good day though, made it through.

Day seven!

First week weigh in today and I lost one whole stone! Very pleased as I had 4 stone to lose and now I've got three, a quarter of the way in one week!
Bought the vegetable flavouring and had a cup earlier and it's so yummy and very satisfying, only just had my second shake! I need to lose 3 to 4 pound a week now to get to goal....though if I end up as 9 stone anything after 12 weeks then I'll be ecstatic, I can do the last bit myself, will see how it goes.

So, all in all good day and 12 hour shifts tomorrow and Friday so should hopefully fly by. Bring on week 2, the end still seems forever away but I'm more confident than ever that I'm actually going to make it! x

Back