Destination: Topshop

mumfie

Last Thursday, I rejoined SW for the 3rd (and for all intents and purposes, last) time.

First time around I did pretty well (5st1lb off in 9 months - but got into a relationship and foolishly fell off the wagon :( ) so I know it works! To my disgust have regained 4st1.5lb of what I had orginally lost (still a net loss though, I suppose - and the past is now in the past).

So this time, I'm making a point of doing everything in my power to make sure I stick to it and keep myself motivated, and I'm hoping that keeping a wee diary/blog and reading about other people's weight loss journeys will help and inspire me!

So far, so good with 6lbs off in week 1 :) and thanks to my electronic cigarette down to 3-4 cigs a day (from 20+).

Unsure at the moment on whether to set myself a target as I think that if I aim for the weight I should be according to the BMI calculator thingumybob, I'm going to look kinda gaunt :confused: so I'm thinking I'd rather aim to get in to a pair of jeans from Topshop and then work from there if I feel I need to lose more. Do you think this is a good idea? Or would I be better to name a weight and stick to it?

Whatever goal you think is best hun, to be honest I said sod the BMI idea its crap! Every single person I know would look stupidly thin and ill if they got down to the weight the 'ideal' bmi is!

Ur topshop jeans idea is a good one, mine is to get in a pair from fcuk so pretty similar aims! I am now in a size 12 from a 16 and I think to make the government content I should technically lose around another 25lbs which I KNOW would make me look awful!

Lots of luck, you've done it once and I'm sure u will again! x

Thanks Jill :) I did also reply to your post, but it appears to be still awaiting moderator approval :( a size 12 from a 16? That's awesome hun, well done xx

So, I lost another 1lb at my WI last night - quite honestly I'm a little bit disappointed as I was aiming for 2lb, but better off than on I suppose. On the plus side, that's me got my 1/2 stone so I guess an average of 3.5lb per week isn't too bad.

I did discover, to my dismay, that the Shape Delight yoghurts that I have been stuffing my face with for the last 2 weeks were not Syn free as I had initially thought they were, so back to Mullerlights for me. In fairness, they were only 0.5 Syns per pot, but may have put me over on my overall allowance for the week :(.

Debating whether to go for EE this week (or today at least) as I quite fancy making some Diet Coke chicken with SW chips. Does anyone have any idea whether the Diet Coke marinade would work with Quorn at all?

Back