Determined and motivated- My Wedding weight loss journey...

amyjay

Hi all,
Well I have decided to try joining a slimming world class to help me lose weight for my wedding! I've always wanted to lose weight and have been up and down! (Haven't we all!) I tried the slimmm shakes diet last year and yes, you've guessed it- I got bored!

So here I am! My boyfriend proposed in February and we have recently booked our wedding for 1st August 2015! I have two years!!! I am determined and motivated this time! I have a gym membership which also has a pool so I have no excuse!

It is my first class tonight and I have been reading these forums for the past week and you all seem so helpful that it has inspired me even more! I logged in to this site to find I have already registered and checked my weight from May 2012 - I was 15st8llbs!!! :cry: However, I have just weight myself on my own scales and I'm coming in at 14st3llbs! I guess that's a good loss considering I haven't tried this past year!!

I will update my profile tonight after my first weigh in but any help or tips you can think of to spur me on will be great fully appreciated!! I plan on going shopping in the morning, so if there are any must haves for my shopping list- please let me know!!

I look forward to joining you all on our weight loss journeys!!!
:wave_cry:

Hi Amyjay
There is no greater incentive for losing weight than your own wedding. Congratulations on your engagement.
I would suggest that you make sure you have food in that you can snack on, I find cooked chicken is a must as it's easy to eat and filling when you're hungry. Or make a quiche (no pastry of course) for those times between meals when you need something quickly. You will find your favourite snacking food.
Good luck with your goals, and if you need any help, please ask
:welcome:

Thanks for your reply- I have only just seen it! Well I am on day 4 now and it seems to be going well! However, I feel like I am eating FAR more than what I did before I joined slimming world! Is this right? I'm looking forward to my first weigh in on Wednesday and I hope I've lost at least something. I've been sticking with the 1/3 super free foods on my plate and have enjoyed what I've been eating! These forums are fantastic!!! So many great tips!!

Back