Determined to loose over 150lbs....

ciarsdub

Hi guys!

I have to say I am loving this forum. It really helps to keep me motivated. I am currently 24 stone and would love to get down to 12. I know I have a long way to go but I am determined. I am very worried that further down the line I will give up. but at the moment I am loving going to the gym and bringing the dogs out for walks. This is my first time on a forum and its the first time I have actually weighed myself so I am hoping its all the tools for a successful journey. I would love to just be able to walk into any shop to buy clothes.
I am currently saving up for a holiday next year for my 30 which is either going to be a safari in Africa or else a trip to oz so I really want to look as good as I can for that.
I have not had chocolate or fizzy drinks in nearly a month and have also been walking or going to the gym nearly every day :)

ciar
thats great good on you love no fizzy drinks and no choc choc for a month is fab keep up the good work x x

Well done you for starting your journey? There's times when everyone's motivation lacks and you end up slipping back a bit or gaining a couple of lbs but don't let that deter you completely!!

It's good you've been thinking about your 30th bday trip so you have something to aim for!! Are you following any plan inparticular?

Good luck, keep us updated

H xx

Thanks guys :)
I have lost about a stone since I started nearly a month ago so I am delighted with that. I just hope the loss doesn't stop too soon.
I joined weight watchers but to be honest I a, not really following the points. I have the fitness pal app and am calorie counting through that at the moment so going to have a think about it. I find the ww meetings good for motivation and sticking to better meals but I could be better off saving money and sticking to calorie counting. Its still early days though so I need to work it all out.
I am enjoying the gym and kettle bell classes. Have started trying to run but find it hard with my weight and only manage about 30-40 seconds at a time but I will build it up slowly

Well done on being determined though! How's it Been this week? X

Time for a little update I think :)
I am still losing weight - a little slower than I had hoped but still happy with what I am doing.

I am walking a lot more than I used to including lovely walks up the mountains too. I still go to Kettlebells which I love doing and fit the gym in around walking the dogs or going up to my horses - so its not every day but I try to go a couple of times a week and walk every day. Running wise I am now managing runs of 70 seconds and doing a few bouts of that during some of my walks.
I can definitely feel myself a lot fitter than when I started and once I get down nearer my goal weight I am hoping to be able to do a 5k run and one of those muddy obstacle fun course things.

Food wise I am eating a lot better and finding it easier to stick to my calories but rice is definitely my downfall! I love it and am a very fussy eater so can find it hard sometimes to try new things. Once I am a little better I am going to start concentrating on cutting more carbs out. At the moment I am trying to stick to under 1600 calories a day.

Back