Devastated

hennyhamster

Silver Member
ok, yesterday something awful happened to me which is too personal to discuss on here and I've slumped into a dark depression and now I'm struggling to eat. I struggled to sleep last night and had nightmares when I did. I don't know what to do, my mum's even trying to get me to eat chips which she knows I love but I can't even face eating them. What shall I do? Shall I forget about the plan for a few days and try and eat something naughty that I like? I just don't know what to do. my cat is also at the vets today having his poorly leg amputated adding to the stress.

I think the most important thing is to get your head straight. Diet comes after.

Try seizing your problem and deal with it face on, even if you feel like curling up in a ball and shutting the world out. The sooner you tackle whatever it is and sort your head out the sooner things can be put right and put yourself on the right track. By tackle it and sorting it out, making some tough decisions and you should feel the weight lift sooner rather than later.

I know it's easier said than done. I don't know what your bad news is obviously, so I don't know if there is any action that you can take...but it's the best advice I can give you at the moment...sort your head out first and sort diet out after.

Good luck with whatever it is and I'll be thinking of you xx

Poor you :( I sometimes have periods when I can't face eating due to anxiety/depression and it's horrible. What I usually end up doing is either eating anything I can think of that doesn't make me feel sick to think about eating it (bizarrely this is usually something really greasy like KFC) or I buy Complan from the chemist and make it up with milk, I can usually just about manage to drink chocolate milkshake and it's for people who are unable to eat (e.g. after illness) and need their strength kept up, so it's got vitamins and such in it.

If you're anything like me, you may find that the longer you leave it before eating the harder it will be, so I would definitely say to concentrate on keeping your body fuelled rather than sticking to SW until you can manage to feel better.

Hope this helps, and if you need to go aaaaaaaaaaaaaargh at someone, do feel free to PM me.

Concentrate on yourself and not on the plan. Eat whatever you fancy, no matter what it is, it's got to be better than eating nothing.

My thoughts are with you and I hope you feel better soon.
xxx

It's not necessary to eat, espacially if you don't feel like it as you are upset. If you still don't want to eat in a few days time then that's different but don't force yourself to eat naughty things to make yourself feel better.
On the other hand, if you really fancy chips or chocolate and nothing else will do allow yourself a set number of days off plan to help you feel better but not an indefinite time.
I hope you feel happier soon and hope that your cat is ok too xx

Thinking of you, so sorry you are having such an awful time at the moment.

Don't fret about the diet, you need to do what feels right at the moment. You can get back on it when you feel up to it. xx

Take care.

Bah! Sorry you're in such a dark place Henny...

I think there are two ways to look at the food thing you're going through.

1) Don't force yourself to eat. You're upset and forcing yourself (or being 'encouraged!') to eat won't really do you any good. If this lack of appetite continues, certainly don't gorge on unhealthy stuff like take aways and chocolate, because the greasy, fatty, sugary stuff will make you more down - because you're putting bad stuff in your body and that stuff also does nothing for making you feel 'healthy' and better. Make fresh, tasty, nutritious food that will help boost your mood. Eat little bits of fruit and veg to keep you ticking over. It's easier to eat an apple if you've no appetite, than a muffin or a wedge of cake.

2) The other way to approach it is that conquering this thing that's happening to you is more important than what you're eating. So just eat whatever you need to, to get through it. When you start getting better, start thinking about healthy eating again.

Personally, I'd suggest trying the first approach, just because in the long term, once you've started getting over what's happened, if you've also been healthy, you may be in a better place...if you get what I mean? Also, it's something you can control and focus on. If you start getting into despair, start thinking about food, planning meals, menus and shopping lists...it could help distract you!

Whatever happens tho chick...hope it gets better for you soon. x

Stick the diet on hold, it can wait. I hope your problems ease soon, good luck x

Thanks so much everyone, had a sleep and my mood's improved slightly, managed a bowl of cereal. going to try really hard and have a nutritious tea. i shall hear about my pussy cat in the next hour, and hopefully have him home that should help. My dear old mum's been and done all my house work!

Look after yourself Huney! And your cat! If you don't feel like eating, then just drink plenty. As said above, the diet can wait. Luv and hugs Judi x.

Back