DIARY:- CCing and exercising to become a loser!

goodbyeflab

I love fruit and veg. ;)
Now that the novelty of dieting and exercising has worn off a bit, I find myself not being 100% - more like 1%! - and my old habits are slowly creeping back. :break_diet: However, I haven't gained so much that it's showing on my scales so I think this will be a good time to get back on the wagon to prevent gain!

I've been lurking on Minimins for a few days now and I have really become motivated to get back into my routine of eating healthily and exercising. By reading people's diaries, it has gave me such a boost to do a more strict healthy kick-in. So I am starting a food/ramble/exercise diary... I love rambling!

I'm Charlotte. :wavey: I've gradually put on weight throughout the years due to puberty and also eating so badly. I can remember earlier in the year I was having a Chinese takeaway every friday and eating A LOT of unhealthy foods on a daily basis. I did 'exercise', but put minimal effort in and just spoilt it by eating terribly.

I had no idea on portion sizes and the nurtitional info meant nothing to me, I had no idea what I was doing to my body and just couldn't be arsed to change.

On the 24th of March, I decided to do something about it or I tried too. I took a few photos of myself in underwear to put as a "BEFORE" photo and found myself disgusted. I attempted a workout DVD a few times a week but I still ate terribly and didn't feel motivated enough to carry on. It wasn't until the 10th of May that I started to go to gym and watch my eating habits more cautiously.

In April, I weighed 9 stone 12 lbs. Now, as of 14/08/11, I weigh 8 stone 7 lbs. I haven't seen any progress within the last few weeks as I am off and it's summer, but that's no excuse really! I wasn't obese but I was definitely not healthly, inside and out..

I don't have a goal weight.. my goal is to see the differences.

So why am I wanting to do this?

I want to be able to see a healthy woman in the mirror, I want to feel and be confident... I want to be able to go to clothes shops and buy nice clothing. I want to feel good. I don't want to spend the rest of my life hiding away from the mirror.

Starting tomorrow ( I thought Monday seemed a good day ) I will post daily of what I am eating and what exercise I am doing :)

Also will be saying how I'm feeling, always makes me feel better to blurt everything out. Feel free to post and I love reading diaries. :)

Last edited:
Day One - 15.08.11
Woke up at 7:30, feeling motivated but bloated! The scales said I have put on a pound (8 stone 8) but hopefully that is because the bathroom is due...

Today I am going to go to gym then have a brisk walk down to the High Street for some healthy, clean foods! ;) So that should be my exercise for today. If I feel awake enough by the end of the day, I may stick in a 20 minute Zumba class on the Wii.

Breakfast - Two Chocolate Wheatabix with a small handful of shreddies and 100ml of milk. Then a 100ml glass of Pure Orange Juice | 156 + 50 + 36(ish) + 46 = 288 calories.

As for lunch, I may have my homemade chunky vegetable soup or leave it for a light tea and have some steamed rice with vegetables...

I'll let you know later! :p

Also having at least 2 litres of water a day. I have a 1.5l Volvic bottle to get through... :) Feel free to chat!

Early Lunch Activia Vanilla fat free Yogurt and Vegetable Steamed rice | 65 + 160 = 225 calories.

I'm happy to chat:)

Hi, you have done very well with your weight loss! Be proud of yourself!!

In my opinion, if i were you (not telling you what to do) you understand! but i would just concentrate on as you are & watching your calories, but do some targetted exercises to tone up the areas you feel you want to .. your weight is spot on as it is!

I still have a stone & 4 lbs i want to lose, but i will get there. What i have learned, is that it is a lifestyle change so what you do now, you will need to carry on forever so the choice of foods & exercise must be what you enjoy, or you will get bored & the weight will creep back on ..

Best of luck to you!

What exercises do you like?

I am doing running (couch 2 5k), lots of YouTube exercises to tone up & I am starting swimming when the kids go back to school & its not heaving with bodies:D I also cycle everywhere i can, walk a lot & use my exercise bike when the weather is wet.

Hello, thanks for posting :) thank you :) how much have you lost, I can't see on my mobile.
Oo I never thought of YouTube for toning exercises, which ones do you do? :) I'm trying to tone up my inner thighs and stomach. I like Zumba, although I did find it difficult when I first joined. I like aeorbic based workouts. Have you tried a spinning class before? It's a killer!
I believe that too, I try to vary my exercise and food, I allow myself to a treat once in a while just to keep me going.

Went out after my early lunch, since then I've had a banana, Apple and special k mini bites.. ill work out the calories when I get in.
Been to gym and done about 25 minutes on the cross trainer then brisk walked to high street to do some food shopping. The sweetie isle still tempting me!

I've lost 18 lbs so far, since 15th May .. so quite happy with that .. :)

These are my favourite YouTube exercises :-

POP Pilates: Legs and Thighs Workout (Full 10 min) Pilates Video - YouTube
(This is just one, but all the POP Pilates are good)!

Pump it up - part 1 - YouTube
(again, just one of many, i like the bums & tums one)

8 Minute Abs + 2 Minute Abs (Beep Only) - YouTube
(there are plenty of these, nice & quick)!

Lose weight! Powermix, fitness workout part2 - YouTube
(I am trying to persevere with these, but i am as unco-ordinated as an octopus):D I burn off more calories trying to keep up!

Let me know what you think of these, i think the Pump it up ones may suit you if you like Zumba.

Wow, very well done! :) oo thank you!!, ill look at them when I'm back in the house :))

Here is my naughty tin. It consists of little treats that aren't too naughty but will satisfy my craving for very naughty foods. The highest calories in there is only 140 calories ( geo bars) so I'm quite happy with it :D I also have WW crisps.
Special k mini bites, coco pops bars, WW cookies, alpen light, fibre plus bars..

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110815_175434.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110815_175434.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 82
Day One - 15/08/11

Breakfast - Two Chocolate Wheatabix with a small handful of shreddies and 100ml of milk. Then a 100ml glass of Pure Orange Juice | 156 + 50 + 36(ish) + 46 = 288 calories.

Early Lunch Activia Vanilla fat free Yogurt and Vegetable Steamed rice | 65 + 160 = 225 calories.

Dinner Homemade chunky vegetable soup. No more than 150 calories.

Snacks Special K Mini Breaks, funsize Banana and Apple, picked at some Shreddies. | 99 + 100 + 50 + 90 = 339

= 1002 calories.

Exercise20 minutes on Cross Trainer and brisk walked to High Street. Going to try some toning Youtube videos :D

Going to have some nuts and maybe a bowl of cereal....also going to have a Green Tea!

goodbyeflab said:
Here is my naughty tin. It consists of little treats that aren't too naughty but will satisfy my craving for very naughty foods. The highest calories in there is only 140 calories ( geo bars) so I'm quite happy with it :D I also have WW crisps.
Special k mini bites, coco pops bars, WW cookies, alpen light, fibre plus bars..

LOVE this idea, I'm definitely going to be using it from now on. I have bits around the kitchen, but am then tempted/distracted by hubbies twix or crisps....so containing them & making sure I have enough is brilliant. Can't wait to get started!! :D

slimjim79 said:
LOVE this idea, I'm definitely going to be using it from now on. I have bits around the kitchen, but am then tempted/distracted by hubbies twix or crisps....so containing them & making sure I have enough is brilliant. Can't wait to get started!! :D

I've found that its really helped me :) the treats still have chocolate ( I'm a sucker for chocolate ) in them so it satisfys me. The WW crisps are good enough for me, I get a big pack from poundland :D mm twixs are nice but the cereal bars contain fibre, much better than choc. Oh and much less calories etc! You could always half a finger with hubby :)

Last edited:
Just had a green tea... feel so sleepy! Is it meant to make me sleepy?

Day Two - 16/08/11

Woke up feeling motivated and hungry! Had a early breakfast and plan to do a quick workout :) Then gym later on.

Breakfast
Two chocolate Wheatabix and 10g of Shreddies with 100ml of milk. Pure Orange Juice | 165 + 46 + 37 + 48 = 298 calories. Also took a multi-vitamin. :)

Will update later :)

Just done two POP Pilates videos, oucch!

Just finished preparing some homemade chunky vegetable soup. :D Now just munching on 5 almonds, three brazil nuts and 30 small raisins :D | = 133 calories.

For lunch I had a chunky chicken salad thing, I know the chicken is 70 calories, not sure on the veg... dressing was no more than 44 calories.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Just had a banana, going out soon so I've got an Apple and alpen light bar to keep me going until dinner :D also will be going to gym.

I am going to the cinema tomorrow, what can I snack on?! D:

Feel a bit bad, had a teenie block of ice cream, my OH bought me it so felt like I had too :( at gym now though, so burning it off. Just been on the step machine, what a killer. Now on bike. Woop woop fat burning!

Back