DIARY CLOSED.

Companies are a pain in the back side! Especially when it involves something that is their fault!

Anywho changing the subject, i know your doing 5:2 but are you still including elements of SW? I did 5:2 all last week and most feast days I was fine but 2 of them I was completely ravenous and went over board on the cals!! So im thinking this week im going to do SW 5 days and 2 fast days....im fine with fast days and manage really well so I know I can follow the plan easy enough...its just kurbing it on "feast" days lol....according to my TDE(?) I can eat 1452 cals which I think is a heck of alot and I probably did eat under that on most days (apart from the 2 crazy days) but I ended up with a STS this week :confused: possibly didn't help that I had a bad feast day before WI tho either. Ive done another fast day today so im wondering if I should WI again tomorrow (weighed today for my 'official' WI)

Sorry for the waffle!

Thanks hun! It's amazing, and I had a bit of a "lightbulb" moment last night which you may have seen on IG. I took a Soreen lunchbox loaf out of the cupboard to have as my supper, purely because it's routine. Then realised, "hang on a minute, I'm not even hungry. I don't need this, or even want it really"... so I put it back!! I was still well under cals for the day too, with over 500 left I could quite easily have used. But I'm finally starting to recognise the signs of genuine hunger, in comparison to just being bored or just having something because it is routine. I feel satisfied from my food these days too, which I have never really felt. That might sound silly, but I've always gone between being starving to being "full as a gun" and bloated. Now, I'm eating smaller portions of the right stuff and being satisfied by them. Left feeling full and comfortable rather than stuffed and unable to move!!

P.S. not surprised you're occupied at the moment with little Holly. If I had that gorgeous girl I would never be bored either as I'd want to spend all of my time with her :) She really is a beauty. Love seeing your pics and updates of her xx
This is fab hun. You're really learning how to eat. I did learn a bit more portion control when I tried WW. I don't pile my plate anymore (only with salad/veg) but I still struggle with leaving things on the plate even though I'm full.

oh I'm pleased everyone is loving holly :) she's such a cutie and quite a good pup. We've been out on walks since saturday and she doesn't show enthusiasm for them at all lol hoping she enjoys them more as she gets older. She loves meeting other dogs and loves strangers though!

The EE thing must be infuriating, hope your dad gets it sorted when he gets back, xx

Companies are a pain in the back side! Especially when it involves something that is their fault!

Anywho changing the subject, i know your doing 5:2 but are you still including elements of SW? I did 5:2 all last week and most feast days I was fine but 2 of them I was completely ravenous and went over board on the cals!! So im thinking this week im going to do SW 5 days and 2 fast days....im fine with fast days and manage really well so I know I can follow the plan easy enough...its just kurbing it on "feast" days lol....according to my TDE(?) I can eat 1452 cals which I think is a heck of alot and I probably did eat under that on most days (apart from the 2 crazy days) but I ended up with a STS this week :confused: possibly didn't help that I had a bad feast day before WI tho either. Ive done another fast day today so im wondering if I should WI again tomorrow (weighed today for my 'official' WI)

Sorry for the waffle!

Tigger hun there are a number of people on here such as Opal_Lil and thisismisssarah who do sw and 5:2 and it's works amazingly well for them xxxx

Sorry for the waffle!

Exactly what the lovely Jessy said up there ^^^ Lily and Sarah both do SW combined with 5:2 and they're doing fab with it!

Personally, I have completely wiped my mind of Slimming World as I had lost all interest in it and become bored. I was also finding it increasingly restrictive - which is probably the main reason I went off the rails in May. Don't get me wrong, I still make SW friendly meals most of the time, but I don't really think about it. I certainly don't think about Healthy Extras, Syns, etc. any more. It's just that before SW I couldn't cook. Like, literally couldn't cook anything from scratch! So it's all I know. The SW way of cooking will always be my "style", i.e. using frylight, wholemeal bread, etc.

It's funny what you say about calories, as I know I ate far more calories whilst on SW that I do now I'm on 5:2. I mean, 15 Syns per day equates to 300cals. Then Healthy Extra's would be around 240cals. And that's before I factored in any of my actual meals! I mean, I would eat at least double the amount of potatoes I'm eating now with my evening meal (300cals?). I don't know, I just think if I sat down now and worked it all out I would have eaten a lot more cals on SW than I do now. And now I actually struggle to use them all! Which is what I mean about portion control and learning to recognise when I am actually hungry or just bored, etc.

I think the thing is with all diets / healthy eating plans / whatever you want to call them, it's trial and error. It's about finding out what works best for you personally. As we're all different and our bodies react differently to different things! So I'd say, give it a try! There's no harm in it :) x

Morning diary, happy hump day! Love when it gets to Wednesday and you know you're half way through the working week. Woop woop!!

No exciting plans again today. Work, housework then chill!

Oooh, I am making a new recipe tonight though. It's from the November (?) Weight Watchers magazine. I've started buying their mag, as well as the SW one, for recipe inspiration. And actually, for me, the WW mag is winning at the moment! The recipes are good, and I like that they also give you the calories in each dish. That's really handy for me doing 5:2. Anyway, there's a lovely looking sausage pasta dish that I'm going to recreate tonight. Looking forward to it already!

This is how the rest of the day is looking...

Feast Day

Breakfast:
- Tesco Multigrain Instant Oats Pot
- Can of Monster Zero Energy Drink

Lunch:
- 2 x Brown Warburtons Sandwich Thins with Tesco Healthy Living Chicken & Sweetcorn Sandwich Filler
- Packet of Monster Munch Bacon "Webs"
- Original Soreen Lunchbox Loaf
- Bottle of Dr Pepper Zero

Dinner:
- Pasta with Broccoli, Chilli and Sausage

Other:
- Packet of Malteasers
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Quest bar
- Chocolate & Peanut Butter Protein Cookie
- Graze "Toffee Apple"

Last edited:
Dinner sounds nice, except I'd switch out the chilli for some wholegrain mustard and add some mushrooms as well. Oh and maybe a red onion and some spinach too!

Dinner sounds nice, except I'd switch out the chilli for some wholegrain mustard and add some mushrooms as well. Oh and maybe a red onion and some spinach too!

It has red onion in it ;) And also cherry tomatoes. It's just that the recipe is called "Pasta with broccoli, chilli and sausage" in the magazine, so it was easier to post that than list all of the ingredients. I'm lazy :p I was actually thinking of maybe adding some spinach, as I've got some in the fridge which needs using up. Won't bother with the mushrooms though as I'd have to go and buy them specially, as we've none in! x

Exactly what the lovely Jessy said up there ^^^ Lily and Sarah both do SW combined with 5:2 and they're doing fab with it!

Personally, I have completely wiped my mind of Slimming World as I had lost all interest in it and become bored. I was also finding it increasingly restrictive - which is probably the main reason I went off the rails in May. Don't get me wrong, I still make SW friendly meals most of the time, but I don't really think about it. I certainly don't think about Healthy Extras, Syns, etc. any more. It's just that before SW I couldn't cook. Like, literally couldn't cook anything from scratch! So it's all I know. The SW way of cooking will always be my "style", i.e. using frylight, wholemeal bread, etc.

It's funny what you say about calories, as I know I ate far more calories whilst on SW that I do now I'm on 5:2. I mean, 15 Syns per day equates to 300cals. Then Healthy Extra's would be around 240cals. And that's before I factored in any of my actual meals! I mean, I would eat at least double the amount of potatoes I'm eating now with my evening meal (300cals?). I don't know, I just think if I sat down now and worked it all out I would have eaten a lot more cals on SW than I do now. And now I actually struggle to use them all! Which is what I mean about portion control and learning to recognise when I am actually hungry or just bored, etc.

I think the thing is with all diets / healthy eating plans / whatever you want to call them, it's trial and error. It's about finding out what works best for you personally. As we're all different and our bodies react differently to different things! So I'd say, give it a try! There's no harm in it :) x

Thanks so much for that, im going to give it a go but I do know what you mean about SW eating more calories maybe? I tend to find on am average day I will use up 1200 cals ish then I will think well ive got loads of cals left so I can have chocolate, cake and custard etc and I need to stop that! I did a cheeky weigh in this morning and im 2lb down after my fast day yesterday?! However no more weighing and wont count that as anything, hopefully it will still show on next weeks WI plus more off!

Your food always sounds lovely, you've definitely given me alot of inspiration!

X

Thanks so much for that, im going to give it a go but I do know what you mean about SW eating more calories maybe? I tend to find on am average day I will use up 1200 cals ish then I will think well ive got loads of cals left so I can have chocolate, cake and custard etc and I need to stop that! I did a cheeky weigh in this morning and im 2lb down after my fast day yesterday?! However no more weighing and wont count that as anything, hopefully it will still show on next weeks WI plus more off!

Your food always sounds lovely, you've definitely given me alot of inspiration!

X

If that's what you fancy, and you're still within your alllowance, then there's no reason why you should have to stop it. Don't worry about that.

1,200cals is barely anything, and that's the absolute lowest which is recommended on a non-fast day. MyFitnessPal will even tell you off if you eat any less than that! Admittedly I don't always eat my full allowance (currently 1,830cals) but I still try and eat plenty (usually around 1,500cals). Otherwise it just becomes a VLC diet and one which would be hard to sustain for any decent length of time without feeling deprived.

So honestly, if you want that cake and custard, and your calories allow for it. Then have it! That's the beauty of 5:2 :)

Thanks hun, think ive got to have abit more faith in that it will work if im having my full amount of cals...your more than living proof of it! Going to give it another proper go this week. Its hard because im so close to target now, ive only got another 4/5lb till im ins the 8s which id be happy at, its just getting there! I do believe the less you have to lose the harder it is...thats why I knew i needrd a change to trick the body a little as stopped losing anything on SW x

Morning diary, happy hump day! Love when it gets to Wednesday and you know you're half way through the working week. Woop woop!!

No exciting plans again today. Work, housework then chill!

Oooh, I am making a new recipe tonight though. It's from the November (?) Weight Watchers magazine. I've started buying their mag, as well as the SW one, for recipe inspiration. And actually, for me, the WW mag is winning at the moment! The recipes are good, and I like that they also give you the calories in each dish. That's really handy for me doing 5:2. Anyway, there's a lovely looking sausage pasta dish that I'm going to recreate tonight. Looking forward to it already!

This is how the rest of the day is looking...

Feast Day

Breakfast:
- Tesco Multigrain Instant Oats Pot

Lunch:
- 2 x Brown Warburtons Sandwich Thins with Tesco Healthy Living Chicken & Sweetcorn Sandwich Filler
- Packet of Monster Munch Bacon "Webs"
- Original Soreen Lunchbox Loaf
- Bottle of Dr Pepper Zero

Dinner:
- Pasta with Broccoli, Chilli and Sausage

Other:
-

Really good to know about the calories in the weight watchers mag! I didn't know that. The pasta does sound tasty though especially since I'm on my fast food day and not eaten yet. I'm going to nip to M&S at lunch for some low cal treats for today. I love the teriaki bite things they do, or I might look at the sushi.

Looking forward to 4 feast days in a row after this. Thanks for inspiring me to give it a go!!!

Really good to know about the calories in the weight watchers mag! I didn't know that. The pasta does sound tasty though especially since I'm on my fast food day and not eaten yet. I'm going to nip to M&S at lunch for some low cal treats for today. I love the teriaki bite things they do, or I might look at the sushi.

Looking forward to 4 feast days in a row after this. Thanks for inspiring me to give it a go!!!

Ahh, good luck lovely!! The thought of a feast day and being able to have whatever I want "tomorrow" always gets me through a fast x

Thought I'd been a bit of a choccie fiend this week, and now I know why!! Looks like star week has arrived, grrr. Not too worried as I've been well within my calorie allowance up to now, and don't intend on going crazy. Just hoping Mother Nature doesn't hang around for too long and that she won't cause too much damage with the scales this week!

Morning diary, happy Thursday! We're getting there, slowly but surely. It'll soon be the weekend!

I'm actually quite tempted to take tomorrow off as annual leave. I'm so exhausted this week and I'm not sure I can actually manage another day lol! I'm also thinking of having a day to myself and getting a bit more Christmas shopping done. Hmmm, will have a think about it throughout the day and see what I decide.

Today is the first fast day of the week! Hoping I'll get through it, as I really struggled yesterday with MN arriving! I couldn't seem to stop eating. I was within my calories though - only just, with 98cals to spare! One good thing is that I've got meeting from 10am-11am this morning, which is likely to run over. So at least that will stop me from munching! Then I'll have my breakfast / lunch and that should keep me going until teatime. I'm determined not to be defeated by star week!!

Anyway, this is how todays fast is looking...

Fast Day

Breakfast (15cals):

Lunch (15cals):

Dinner (282):
- WW Classic Cottage Pie with Carrots, Broccoli and Sweetcorn

Other (180cals):
- Cookies & Cream Quest bar

Total Calories:
492 / 500

Last edited:
Your doing so well on the 5.2, it does seem to agree with you more & you sound alot happier on it.

I think I might give it ago. I want to do some reading up on it first. See if I can plan some meals for fast day's. Can you recommend any site's or pages that have good information & meal idea's. Thanks Stevie

Your doing so well on the 5.2, it does seem to agree with you more & you sound alot happier on it.

I think I might give it ago. I want to do some reading up on it first. See if I can plan some meals for fast day's. Can you recommend any site's or pages that have good information & meal idea's. Thanks Stevie

I'm not sure if I can post any links, at the risk of being banned again :rolleyes: But if you google "The 5:2 diet" there is loads of info out there. The first link that comes up, I think that's the *official* webpage. There's also a calculator on there which will work out for you how many calories you can have on a non-fast day. I'd also recommend having a look for some pages on FB, if you use it, as I've joined some really useful groups on there too where people share recipes and ideas. I find that the 5:2 / calorie counting place on Mini's is very quiet x

Good luck for your fasting day!! I agree that there isn't too much on Min's regarding 5:2. But if we stick around maybe more will join us :)

I wish I could just choose to take a day off last minute. Unless I'm dying in bed with sickness/flu or unable to drive, ie broken bones, we have to give 6 weeks notice. I've got the first week in december booked off. And I cannot wait!!!!

Hi hun, late well done on your loss!
You've inspired me to start 5:2, already had 700 cals and it's not even lunch time yet! On SW I'd be writing off the whole day or even week by now, it's more much relaxed and flexible. Don't think I'll be in the same mindset come fast days though lol! :) xxx

Hi hun, late well done on your loss!
You've inspired me to start 5:2, already had 700 cals and it's not even lunch time yet! On SW I'd be writing off the whole day or even week by now, it's more much relaxed and flexible. Don't think I'll be in the same mindset come fast days though lol! :) xxx

Aww, thank you!! So many people have told me I've inspired them to try 5:2. It's bizzarre, I really don't see myself as an inspiration! But I hope everyone else enjoys it as much as I am and also sees some fantastic results!

I'm a little more tight with my cals than you lol. I'd have a fit if I'd used 700cals already at this time of day! I prefer to keep mine for later on, so I can have a few treats in the evening if I fancy. But that's the great thing about it, it's whatever suits you best. There aren't really any rules.

Hope you have a great week! xx

Back