Diary - Fromthistothat

I've decided to start my own food diary / blog on here to help keep myself accountable and motivated! I’m a 24yr old trainee accountant that’s had what I can only describe as an eventful year, from the ending of a long term relationship I thought I’d be in for life, several cancer scares, an operation, changing job to dealing with very low self-esteem. It’s been rough but I’m finally at a stage now where I feel like I can put it behind me and start afresh. I have the right foundation, I have a lot of belief in myself and what I can achieve, I’m academically smart and have a promising career ahead of me, I’ve an amazing family who’ve always been incredibly supportive, once I set my mind to something I’m very determined and I usually do above and beyond what people expect from me. So now I’ve decided to put my mind to not only losing weight but gaining back control of my life and getting back on track after a bumpy year.

My first weigh in was last Tuesday and the BIG number I’ve been branded with is 12st 6.5lbs (174.5lbs). Much heavier than I’ve ever been. But you have to start somewhere and at least now I have my starting point. I’ve decided to weigh in with a weight watchers class that’s near my work (Sandyford) so I can go at lunch time. I’ve followed weight watchers before and got down to a very slim 9st 5lbs so I know it works but the problem is that I want to keep the weight off for good this time so obviously it needs to be different, it needs to be more than just counting pro-points and going to class, it needs to be a complete lifestyle change.
I’ve set myself some goals in a nice little table with some pretty colours to give me something to aim towards. I’ll put together one for exercise as well, I’ve joined a gym with some great classes so I’ve no excuses!

The idea behind the ‘thistothat’ username and diary title is pretty straight forward, we all have an image of ourselves that we set out to change, for me it’s the flabby belly, wobbly arms and thunder thighs…. We also have an image of the way we want to look (however unrealistic), toned J-Lo bum, beyonce’s thighs and washboard abs . Magazines, exercise gadgets, weight loss pills and programmes all hone in on this mentality. We’re promised a noticeable transformation just like the girl in the add… you know the one where they show you a before and after but they just happen to hide the before girls face so you’re not really sure if it’s the same person..??

So I think that's a good enough opener for now!

Goal_zpsd0d58371.jpg.html

Back