Step 1 Sole Source Diary of a CD Girl - 35lbs off in 10 weeks :)

Day 1: Update

My first day went really well :)

I had my first appointment with my CDC and she is so lovely but straight to the point which I like. I don't think I have a consultant who wasn't as determined for me to get to my goal as I am. I need someone who is willing to give me a kick up the bum should I need it lol!

I was very proud of myself last night as every Monday evening we spend with my partners step-mum. Either I cook dinner at ours or she does at hers and last night happened to be my turn. It's usually favourites that we take turns in cooking but I didn't want to back out because I want CD to become part of my routine too, so if that means cooking a feast every other monday for everyone else then so be it. It was a test of will power and although I had a few hunger pangs from all the lovely smells, I got through it and felt so proud of myself for not even 'wanting' to eat.

Feeling very optimistic about day 2 :) x x x

I'm a first timer so not sure if its ok to just jump in on a thread ? i think i could do with some support / motivation, so i really hope so! 2nd day on SS and feeling OK although had a crumbly headache earlier -also, havent mastered the drinking yet- do you drink diet drinks or does everyone stick to water ?

I'm a first timer so not sure if its ok to just jump in on a thread ? i think i could do with some support / motivation, so i really hope so! 2nd day on SS and feeling OK although had a crumbly headache earlier -also, havent mastered the drinking yet- do you drink diet drinks or does everyone stick to water ?

Hi! Of course it's ok! Support is a massive part of getting through this as it can be tough!

I suffer from headaches anyway so its a daily thing for me at the moment, I'm just taking paracetamol and ibuprofen to get through it if I feel its getting too much. I've not had any diet drinks yet and have been keeping up with my water but I know how you feel, the first time I did this diet, I found it so hard to drink as much as I needed. I have had a few black coffee's though ;)

How are you getting on today and what day are you on?

Feel free to post on my thread as often as you need :) xxx

Day 2: Update

Day 2 went extremely well :) I exceeded my water intake by a little which I was happy about, I also had a black coffee which tasted so good lol. I have seen a few people say that they whizz up ice cubes in their shakes to give them more substance, so I tried this last night with a choc mint shake and was pleasantly surprised! Only thing I would do differently is use less water so its thicker.

Went to bed feeling chuffed with myself lol :) xxx

Day 3: Update

Ploughed through day 3 :) Im hoping this optimism and determination stays with me because it definitely is getting me through this with more ease then I could have hoped for! I don't want to speak too soon though lol!

I had to have a cheeky WI at home this morning and according to my scales I have lost an outstanding 6lbs since Monday! I thought my eyes were deceiving me but nope, did the best out of 3 routine and same result every time lol! I'll be ecstatic if my home scales do coincide with my CDC's scales :) I am going to try and resist weighing until my official WI on Monday. I'd like a pleasant surprise, fingers crossed.

I also collected my bike from my Aunties house today, who lives 6 miles away, and I rode it back (without stops) with my 3 year old daughter in her seat on the back. Safe to say my legs were like jelly by the time I got home but I am so happy to have done it without flaking lol.

Yet to have my last shake, am planning on having it around 9pm after a long hot soak in the tub :) x x x

fab news on your weigh in- good on you! Mine is tonight, I only started SS on Monday,so day 4 today, but I'm hoping for some motivational news to help me on my way!:wavey:

fab news on your weigh in- good on you! Mine is tonight, I only started SS on Monday,so day 4 today, but I'm hoping for some motivational news to help me on my way!:wavey:

Good luck on your WI tonight :) Hopefully the numbers will spur you on!

I am a daily weigher at home, I just cant help myself lol! Weighed again this morning and its another pound off! 7lbs since Monday according to my scales, I just cant believe it! I hope the same results reflect on my CDC's scales x

Day 4: Update

Been a good day today :) Got back on the bike and took my little girl to preschool and then popped in to see family. Yet to have my second shake and I am feeling it but I have only just got home so will make it soon.

Cannot believe my scales are reading a 7lb loss since Monday. Im still in shock! I'm almost tempted not to consider it as an actual loss as of yet just incase the results are substantially different with my CDC's scales. That way I wont be too disappointed.

Ready for day 5 :) x x x

Diary of a CD Girl - First Week Back!!!

Sherrie
Thanks I finally found your diary x
It's great x
your journey has been rough and now your starting afresh x
( must first give my condolences for your lose x ) you are a brave and loving person sharing this with us x

Well done for writing t
Your diary up each day x
I'm still having problems managing and finding my way around this site.
But I keep trying ( sometimes I think that's harder than the diet!!! For me!)
Only a few more days and you have your wi xx
Keep up the good work and stay focused
Any more bike rides over the weekend?

Keep smiling - mummy sparkle x

Re: Diary of a CD Girl - First Week Back!!!

Aww thankyou Mummy Sparkle thats so sweet <3

Its good for others to understand others distractions from restarting/coming off plan so they can either relate or empathise (dieting point of view) and it also gives guidance as some might be able to diet whilst going through something similar. Everyone is different but one thing is for sure, we are all only human!!!

Im really excited for WI. I have come down with a cold and congestion which is pants but I wont let it get to me xxx

Hiiii!! I found u again lol. How u doin? Im gona have a lil read lol xx

Spooky u posted as i did... Lol msged u too xxx

Yay Fran! How are you? Ive been poorly last fews days :( Finding today tough!!! x

Day 5: Update

Had a bad day. NOT CHEATED, but felt like rubbish with this bloody cold aaalll day and have been so hungry :(

I'm going to have an early night to get this day over and done with! Hopefully I will wake up feeling more positive tomorrow x x x

Hiya Sherrie.

I hope your feeling better today, not long until your weigh in! I dream 13 dont you? lol keep going your doing great!! X

Hiya Sherrie.

I hope your feeling better today, not long until your weigh in! I dream 13 dont you? lol keep going your doing great!! X

Oh I most certainly do dream 13! Lol! Thankyou chick x x x

Day 6

Feeling a little bit better this morning. Still full of cold but proud of myself for not caving last night, I know that as soon as this cold goes I will feel so much stronger and have more enegery so I am holding out until then at least!

I keep thinking of buying a lovely maxi dress come July. I just simply cannot get away with wearing them at the moment because they hug me in all the wrong places lol but I am hoping those 'wrong' places will have shrunk enough by July to get away with wearing one :p I have seen a gorgeous coral pink one that would look gorge with a denim waist coat and flip flops, seen so many people in that combo and I think its really summery!

I'm still to have my first shake so I best get on with that. Will do an update of the day this evening. Have a good day everyone :) x x x

Diary of a CD Girl - First Week Back!!!

Well done sherrie
What achievement to not cave in . Hope the cold is getting better.
The maxi dress combo sounds lovely.
By july you will have lost loads.
I have months to go yet
Once I've lost two stone them I look at losing the rest!( another 2-3 stone would make me healthy.)
Keep it sherrie it's just the beginning of an incredible journey we are embarking on

Keep smiling - mummy sparkle x

Thankyou Mummy Sparkle, I hope so! My goals are pretty much the same! I want to get to at least 2 stone, stick it out until then on SS and if I really feel the need to move up a step then I will as 2 stone would be a huge achievement for me but like you I will still need to lose a further 2-3 stone to be healthy :)

Its so good not to feel totally on your own whilst doing this x x x

Day 6: Update

Been a good day CD wise but a pants day health wise. This cold will not leave me alone lol! Went to town with my friend and our little girls today and I felt so dizzy/faint whilst in some of the shops, I think thats because my ears have been feeling a little blocked with the cold so it set me off balance lol. Felt much better once I got home and chilled out though :)

So this evening was a lovely chilled evening. My partner has been working loads recently and had been at work since 5am so I cooked him one of his favourites which was hunters chicken. Was sooo jealous and I don't even like barbequey flavours lol but I think it was because the chicken breasts were really thick and juicy and I kind of got it into my head that chicken is ok on CD if you are going to have anything, but I know once I have just one mouthful I will get a taste for it and just want it 1000x more! So I didn't touch it! So proud of myself :)

Tomorrow will be day 7 for me but I wont be getting weighed until Monday at 2pm. I already had a few shakes from my short stint at CD last year so I could actually start Day 1 on the day of my first meeting with my CDC. My scales at home as of this morning were giving me a loss of 9lb so fingers crossed! I would be ecstatic with that!

Roll on Day 7! x x x

Back