Diary of a wino - 6 weeks to lose a stone!

Mine are 3 and 1.5 and honestly if we had them both in nursery as DS1 was before I had DS2 it just wouldn't be worth my while working. We are lucky enough to have family helping out so it is low enough but even then the same amount as most peoples mortgages.

I would love to be able to go part time but it wasn't an option when I asked and tbh I am glad now as we would have been struggling a bit if I was.

I am not sure I would have the willpower for the fasting, one of the reasons I like sw is I can eat pretty much constantly. I would be one of those people fainting away, I can't go more than 2 hours without something....

I always thought I needed food constantly but fasting has made me realise being hungry isn't all that bad and it does pass! Saying that on feast days I have been pretty bad hence why im trying to stick to sw in between!

Subscribed :D

I'm combining SW and 5:2 as well so will be looking at yours for inspiration ;)

I think you can definitely do green days on a budget, lots of lovely veggie casseroles and stews and soups. Lots of lentils, chickpeas, chopped tomatoes etc.

Hey nice to have you on board:) yeah I think you're right I've been thinking of making a chilli at some point with the millions of cans of beans and peas I have in the cupboard. Thinking of stocking up more on frozen veg and stuff too - especially handy when I'm back in work!

Been bad today oops! Meeting a friend for lunch and was planning on taking her a cafe where we could have jackets potatoes etc but by the time we had both fed our babies it was getting late so we just walked to a butty shop - aghhh bread is terrible on sw! Ended up with a poached salmon and dill mayo baguette which with bread and mayo reckon its probably about 18syns! Bloody lovely though! No chance to do any exercise to redeem myself either as the boy is off to play squash tonight! Ah well - the day started off so well as I had lost 3lbs this morning and was back to 10st 5lbs so only 2 more pounds to go and I'm back at my lowest again! Hopefully tomorrows fast may sort that out fingers crossed. The biggest test will be avoiding wine on a Friday night! Can't remember the last time I did that!

Damn it just had a bloody mini dairy milk aghhh! Think I'm gonna have to calorie count today for damage limitation purposes. Gonna plod on and make sw macaroni cheese from latest magazine - sounds lovely from ingredients fingers crossed its tasty! No more snacking and eating bread. Legs are starting to seize up from yesterday's squats and 4k run haha!

Totally sw unfriendly day - about to have a fish finger butty for tea coz we are not hungry enough to make up a massive fresh meal - got some burger buns which need using up so guess in my head I'm being economical! Calorie wise I'm still just under 1500 which I'm not distraught with. Fasting tomorrow and planning tea as rump steak 125g with mushrooms and onions and tomatoes fried in fry lite - maybe a small jacket potato if we are starving - we shall see!

Hey nice to have you on board:) yeah I think you're right I've been thinking of making a chilli at some point with the millions of cans of beans and peas I have in the cupboard. Thinking of stocking up more on frozen veg and stuff too - especially handy when I'm back in work!

Definitely!

Quorn chilli with kidney beans and mixed veg is fab for fast days too - I made a big pot of it a while ago to freeze and a portion (which is fairly generous) came in at only 202kcal using the recipe element on MFP!

..Would you rather drink your calories or eat them? make a non alcoholic pimms, 2litres of lemonade to 2tablespoon of balsamic vinegar, sliced orange, 2 chunked apple, 1/4 cucumber chopped mint and strawberries also if you like, lots of ice, let it sit for 5 minutes it tastes like pimms with no alcohol..

I know I'm terrible - usually it's stuff lurking at the back of the cupboards - my food shops are always brilliantly healthy I can usually avoid them to be honest don't know what was wrong with me yesterday! the wine addiction is another matter entirely though:) managed to stay away from the stuff all week though so doing well so far:) thanks for the pimms recipe - its pinot grigio all the way for me unfortunately - managed to give up for nearly a year when pregnant/ breast feeding but ever since ive been right back on it! anyway that will change! fasting going well today been quite busy so that's taken my mind of food. Going to the gym in a bit - not sure whether we will swim or spin see how the other half is feeling. Looking forwards to steak for tea (however tiny it is!) x

Well im 4lbs down back at 10st 4 post holiday Yay! Yesterday's fast was kind of a half fast - we went for a swim then had steak, chips with mushrooms and onions for tea delish! Then had a little dairy milk bar and that was it! Amazing for a Friday night - can believe I didn't cave and nip to the shop for wine haha! Possible BBQ today - homemade burgers and chicken kebabs with nandos hot sauce a maybe some corn on the cob yum - pretty sw friendly but there will probably be some bread thrown in there and maybe a few vino's - treat for the weekend. Not sure when I'm gonna fast next week coz of the bank holiday - I'm in work tues and thurs and have found fasting difficult when I've been at work not sure why - I'm a lot busier than when I'm at home but lunch is quite a social thing there and coz I've not been in for ages I know ill end up sitting with everyone! May take a small tin of soup in with me or something and see if that will suffice! So will aim for tues and thurs but if tues doesn't work out ill do weds and fri.

Back