Diary: size 16 to ??

torikus

Hi all!

Female, aged 23, PCOS, hypothyroidism

My reasons for doing this:
- get a kick start with weight loss. To see results quickly will let me know that my body, who just likes to gain weight, has the ability to lose it too! :)

-Help me understand my daily eating habits, when I get hungry, the cause of my cravings. I have massive sugar cravings.

-Improve will-power. Why the hell I can't just STOP eating. Why I give in to my illogical cravings?

-I have PCOS and hypothyroidism, both of which make you gain weight. Is it all biological or do I have more control over it than I thought? If so, how do I manage it. I guess I want to find out, how much does my body need, calorie and nutrient-wise, to stay at a healthy weight.

I plan to be on the diet for 3 weeks, max 4 weeks. I don't believe its a good diet to be on for longer, and will be aiming to FEED my body with all yummy good healthy stuff after. Basically, change my life style... but need confidence and a bit of success to get me going.

Supplements: I will aim to do 30mins of exercise a day. Mainly strengthening muscles with homemade weights (water bottles!!!) cos this diet is going to wear away at my beautiful muscles :Lipotrim=desperation eh? Plus lots of walking. I've also started yoga (using namaste yoga podcasts).

Finally:

Day 0: At pharmacy, 88.9kg
Day 1: bought scales!
Day2: 85.8kg

A lot right? I'm a bit worried.. I don't know whether to laugh or cry?
Glycogen stores, goodbye...

I'll be doing my next WI at the end of the week like I should. Im quite excited and needed a pick me up to let me know the pain is worth it.

Noticed changes so far:
1. No sugar cravings. I guess cutting out sugar/carbohydrates really does cut out cravings.
Lesson? Learn more about low carb/sugar foods

2. I like and think about the texture of food, when I see food I can feel the texture.
Lesson? When I begin eating again, savour how it feels as well as how it tastes!!!

3. I'm stronger than I thought.

The shakes are really bland, I wasn't expecting anything spectacular. My attitude: it needs to be done. Also, someone on minimins forum said they think of the shakes as medicine, I like that perspective :)
Arghh getting headaches...water water water!

Gah, nearly had a strawberry today at the park. So weird... made me realise how hard its going to be to get out of old habits

TIP: if you do something for 21 days its very likely to become a habit.

Last edited:
Good luck on your journey!! X

Good luck :)

Good luck Torikus, seems like your confident and in control :) were always here for support :) xx

I have both the conditions you do and was shocked to find that I am losing so much weight on this. Brilliant. A diet that doesn't make me want to give up with abysmal results due to biological fat retention.

Back