Diet chef newbie-starting today

starbrightls

Hi All

well today is D Day, and i am starting diet chef, i have everything ready to go, think i have read enough, just stepped on the scales and done all my measurements!!:mad:

Due to recently having a baby, i have 3 stone to lose, i am going wedding dress shopping in November, so i really hope to lose all this by November... Wish me luck :)

How much have other members lost, and how long has it taken to lose???

It comes off pretty quick on DC imho - you should be easily at goal in Nov looking at your stats (again, imho). Even if you only lost 2lb a week, you'd have lost over 6 stone, and you haven't got that much to lose, so will be fine:)

You can see my loses in my sig - I know I've got more to lose than you and are therefore fatter (and therefore it comes off easier) it still should be fine, as long as you stick to it, and if you have any wobbles, just get straight back on it.

My loses were with a Friday night treat as well - I lost loads of weight a few years ago, and always had a huge pizza the night of weigh in (after weigh in obviously lol) and still think that helped give my metabolism a little boost along the way, so I continuously lost at least 4lb a week (that was on SW stuck to like glue), sometimes more. But I guess, things work in different ways for different people, so its what works best for you really :)

I haven't found DC hard to stick to at all, although if I am extra peckish one day I might have more fruit, or because I don't use up all my milk allowance I might have a fat free not loaded with sugar yogurt as well as my food allowances.

Good luck, but don't need it, DC is super easy :)

Thanks for your reply, i am now on day 5 and so far, am finding it very easy:).

Im quite surprised that the meals are quick decent portions and also quite tasty...

I am going to have my first weigh in on Tuesday, so fingers crossed.

Im a little worried, because i started using my fitness pal, and on there is states that i am not using my daily calorie allowance, even when i add fruit and veg, and i had read somewhere, that if you need to, to add a slice of bread or a small portion of pasta to bring you up to the level of your allowance, is this correct??

Thanks for your advice, its nice to know, other people are on the same diet, well done for your weight loss

x

daily allowances are imho a bit fuzzy - each and every person is individual, so you've got to find what works for you.

I have my 3 packets and a snack, and then tbh I have a portion (which is a lot smaller than you think lol) of rice usually, sometimes pasta, but only about once a week for the pasta with my dinner, plus a portion of veg (at the moment I am mad about spinach, broccoli or cauliflower) which I don't weigh (broccoli only has 24 cals/100g though, so I'm not sure I could fit in more than 100 cals of it in one go lol) and then I think you're only meant to have one piece of fruit a day, but if I'm hungry I work on the basis a low sugar piece of fruit is better than me giving in and raiding the cupboards for something quick and bad (like crisps, bread or chocolate - hubby still eating normally you see).

IMHO you have to do what works for you, I've always read that if you're huge like me and have loads to lose (to get to a healthy weight) then you're meant to eat more calories as you're using up more, but if I eat 1500 a day, then I don't lose a lb. It might have something to do with the way I've completely mucked up my body over the years (classic yo-yo dieter, with periods of full on anorexia and so on), it might just be me, it might be the 'advice' is wrong (although I doubt that because I think others lose on higher cal amounts) or so on.

If you are hungry, just add healthy options, if you aren't hungry, then don't add anything other than a portion of veg and a portion of fruit (to get all the vits etc you need), and make it work for you :)

Good luck for tues, but sure you will be fine :)

Good luck :)

I've just registered on the site so I can document my journey which starts on Wednesday. I'm really optimistic about this and look forward to reading about how you are getting on as the weeks go by :)

xx

Last edited:
I just started today!

I am so excited. Need to buy some scales tomorrow so I can record my starting point!
The food today I thought was ok - porridge was filling and tasty (even made with half water), the soup was good and I had a bag of cheese & onion bakes with it and a banana, but the dinner was small.... I had a chicken curry, so I added a wholemeal pitta to try to increase the cals a little bit. I think that adding the fruit and this little bread means I am about on track for 1000-1200 cals. Anyway, so far I am impressed with how easy it all feels. I am much less likely to cheat when I am not preparing dishes!
Will keep you updated about my progress, since I love reading about all your successes :)

Back