Diet Pepsi Dropping Aspartame Amid Customer Concerns

lilili

Gold Member
This is only in the US sadly :( Hopefully they bring it here too! I know there have been lots of discussions about aspartame on here so thought this would be of interest to a few :)

Aspartame really isn't as evil as people make out.

I notice that in the US, people blame it for causing cancer however they have not cited the same toxicity data for Sugar (which is actually more carcinogenic than aspartame) but the tests aren't particularly fair as most organisms will develop cancer from pellets of foreign material inserted under the skin.

A certain (very small) number of people cannot metabolise Phenylalanine which is a key functional group within Aspartame but also proteins found in a healthy diet. These people have to eat particular protein matter otherwise they get a toxic buildup of Phenylalanine around their brain.

Aspartame is not the satanic poop that people would have you believe it is.

Stevia has an interesting after-taste that the brain will have to filter out. I have a feeling that Pepsico will find that their demographic changes after the recipe changes.

Bear in mind that Coca Cola tried changing their recipe and it was rubbished heavily by the consumer market so they reverted to their "Classic Coke" recipe.

I'm not a big fan of artificial sweeteners but think they're fine in small amounts. I have diet coke with my vodka when I'm out and use the occasional bit of Splenda. Its people that live on vast quantities of diet drinks that need to think about it

Wonder if just diet pepsi or pepsi max aswell. it always baffles me when things happen in one country but not another. Surely if they are concerned about something being harmful shouldn't it be worldwide recipe change?

They are changing it because of falling sales in America. If sales aren't falling here, they probably won't bother. It's not about health, it's not for our benefit. They are a company - it's about profits.

Back