Dinner out at ask - best options?

Caz

Repeat Offender
After a night out last night in an Italian restaurant where I couldn't really even think what on their menu would be best, I don't even want to know how much damage is on the scales today! I'm out for a meal on Weds in another Italian restaurant but this time, there's a menu on their website. The other one was just a little independent place.

Here's the menu: Visit The New ASK Italian Restaurants for Real Italian Food

There's no calories though so just wondered what things you guys think might be the best options? To be honest, I find it pretty hard to consider any italian meal low cal and they're possibly all as bad as each other! The salads aren't an option, I'm really really fussy with salad as there's a lot of things I don't like and really don't like the sound of any of their salads!

Would be so much easier if they put up the nutritional info too!

I would skip starter and desert and have the salmon for main ;)

Enjoy x

ETA : The Sorbet could be an option for pud x

Last edited:
All the starters sound likely to be high cal. Maybe just some olives on the side?

I agree with Wish- the salmon looks the least calorific. Must they cook everything in white wine?!

I wasn't planning on starter and main anyway. I know what you mean boggins! They seem to add all these highly calorific sauces!

Hmm I don't know... if you were going to go for the Salmon i'd ask for it without the pesto which in a lot of restaurants is little more than oil. but wherever you go its high cal and high in fat (damn parmigianno!). Ask tend to be very liberal with their pesto/olive oil as well. In that situation, I know its cooked with white wine (but it does say a dash, so it won't be an awful lot - unlike the risky pesto situation) but I would go with the terrina mediteranea. Tomato sauce + lots of veggies = healthy, though not necessarily low cal. Tbh, I think whatever you go with on there, you aren't going to be completely happy with. Its not exactly a slimmers paradise now is it?

Yeah, the salmon minus the pesto (although it does say just a drizzle) or the terrina mediteranea. Both sound really yum. Going out is such a pain.

Back