dinner party food , how to impress youre friends with low carb food xx

sukie sue

this is My time to shine!
so thought this would be a good thread for posting food / pics of things we can impress our non low carb friends with .
had my 2nd dinner party last night and served jims curry with prawns , double thumbs up they were fighting over the last of it:D and made butter chicken which was lovely too , they had rice and i had cauli rice which they were actually eyeballing wanting to try it . made some low carb starters which i thought looked pretty so took pic ( they are mozzarella with little tomato , basil and we head garlic and chilli oil to drizzle, smoked salmon and phili roll ups and cheese and pate bites).

last time i made pizza with ceasar salad , should have took pic then too looked (and tasted) great.anyway just thought any ideas we could get from eachother would make us less fearfull of enetertaining our friends / loved ones ....

Last edited:
MMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Looks lush..
Where was my invite!! Sob! Sob!

Woofy X

MMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Looks lush..
Where was my invite!! Sob! Sob!

Woofy X
lol you dont need one , youre all welcome !!!!!:D:D:D

Hmmm, picture looks lush. Making me hungry just looking at it!

Don't forget me either next time Sukie! I've not done any dinner parties for a long time (single and all that jazz - plus I have no friends LOL) If I did though, I think I would do scallops and garlic as a starter, steak and mushrooms with curried spinach (tastes lovely, think lamb saag) over the top, fried courgettes as a side. For desserts, well it has to be sugar free jelly, and diabetic choccy mints, Irish coffee with whisky and cream. Hungry now!

Looks and sounds fantastic Sukie.

I'd love to come but it's a bloody long drive to Whitehaven. I know this from having had a customer there when I worked for Sanderson Solutions!

Looks and sounds fantastic Sukie.

I'd love to come but it's a bloody long drive to Whitehaven. I know this from having had a customer there when I worked for Sanderson Solutions!
lol its a long way to drive anywhere from whitehaven :0) im still adapting to living here after 8 years

I've not done any dinner parties for a long time (single and all that jazz - plus I have no friends LOL) If I did though, I think I would do scallops and garlic as a starter, steak and mushrooms with curried spinach (tastes lovely, think lamb saag) over the top, fried courgettes as a side. For desserts, well it has to be sugar free jelly, and diabetic choccy mints, Irish coffee with whisky and cream. Hungry now!

TT, Im your single little friend and all that Jazz ( <<< is now doin jazz hands... need to get out the house) That sounds Lush!!!! MMMmmmm think lamb Saag.....

Woofy X

lol its a long way to drive anywhere from whitehaven :0) im still adapting to living here after 8 years

Absolutely beatiful countryside and stunning views but it really is the arse end of nowhere isn't it Sukie.

TT that sounds yummy, I'd eat that anyday.

lol i like youre description of it better tahn my 'armpit of the world ' its so hidden :)

Back