Disappointed

natlou79

Im so disappointed in myself as I was doing so well doing the dukan, but since being I'll and the hurting my back I start it up again for a few days then fall of the wagon:( I really want to loose weight and stay on dukan but don't know how!?

Natlou, it's a real struggle sometimes isn't it especially if you're in pain with your back. But look at your success so far, you've lost over a stone, that's a great achievement.
What has helped me to stay on track is planning a weekly menu in advance (including snacks) and sticking to it religiously. A bit restrictive I know but it's what work for me.

I had a very hard time myself getting back on the Dukan wagon - and still not without my wobbles - so can totally sympathise.

Just do your best and stick with it - no matter how many wobbles you have - eventually I am sure you will be back on plan on the downward slope again (that's the weightloss slope - not the beating yourself up about it slope"..

Ted

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Know how you feel - I've just given up smoking and am really battling with the diet. I find if I get on the scale every day it helps - if I'm up one day I tend to cut down for a day - I may then not have a perfect day but it gets me through a week of "maintaining my weight (at least I don't put on) - after a bit of this I get my a*** into gear and start losing again.

All you can really do is just keep trying eventually your mind will click in again and the losses start. Good luck.

I find if I stick to Dukan perfectly I don't crave alot at all. The minute I have a taste of something I shouldn't I seem to regain all the cravings. So the best thing to do is focus on the food allowed and don't even let the thought of having a tiny taste of something naughty enter your mind, once you've had the taste it's hard to go back.. This is what the usual situation is with me anyway lol. And when I do my bit of exercise Im less likely to go off track as I feel more motivated. Think about how much you want this and im sure you'll get back your dukan motivation. Visualise how you'll look and feel. And remember dukan can get u there and one day you won't have to worry about dieting, it's only short term! :) good luck

I find if I stick to Dukan perfectly I don't crave alot at all. The minute I have a taste of something I shouldn't I seem to regain all the cravings.

I agree with this 100%.

Here's a passage from a self hypnosis book I found on Amazon. Could be a good thing to read to yourself daily?

"I begin now to programme my body and mind to change my body composition safely, so that I weigh less and become leaner day by day. The body fat decreases safely, melting like snow on a warm sunny day. The muscles of my body increase now, day by day, so that I appear lean and attractive. As I become leaner now, my energy increases, and I feel stronger and more vital. I will move faster and more comfortably. I'll become healthier as my body becomes leaner and leaner. I'll feel more confident as I am leaner and leaner. I deserve to look good and feel good. I see myself fitting into my clothes better - even fitting into a smaller size, because I am leaner and the shape of my body is more pleasing now. I can see myself being more active in all that I do because I am stronger when I lose fat and become leaner. I even feel lighter as the fat is melting off of me - letting go of excess baggage I've been carrying. I see myself walking proudly, confident in my leaner body, as I go about my day. I imagine myself standing clothed in front of a mirror now, looking at my leaner image. As I look at my face, I can see that my facial features look more attractive now that I am leaner. I imagine that I am wearing new clothes that I purchased to accommodate my leaner body. They fit my new, lean body perfectly. My body looks great. I look good in clothes now. I am delighted by the shape of my body in the new clothes. And as I now imagine removing my clothes as I look in the mirror, I notice how my body looks fit and lean. My waist looks smaller. The curves of my body are in just the right place, and I admit that I look sexier now that my body composition has changed. I can see more tone in my muscles. I look good. I look lean. Seeing how lean and attractive I look makes me feel good. It makes me feel free - free to move with grace and ease. Free to do the things I want to do. I feel safe becoming leaner. I don't need to insulate myself with layers of fat. I don't need food to feel comfort. Feelings of safety and comfort come from inside me. Right now I feel completely safe and comfortable even though I am not eating food. I am at peace and I feel great love for myself. Food can never take the place of the unconditional love and support that I give myself. And as I feel this inner sence of self-respect, self-support and self-love I realise that I can feel this way at all times. I no longer need to isolate or insulate myself from the world. I no longer use food to protect me. I feel safe and comfortable, protected and secure all by myself. And this secure feeling gives me the power to eat the right foods in just the right proportions. Food is fuel for my body. It is nourishment. I no longer use food to entertain or reward myself. I no longer eat when I am bored. I no longer use food to compensate for anything that is missing in my life. If I am unhappy with something in my life, I address the issue that is making me feel that way. I no longer use food to satisfy any other need or want. Food is fuel for the engine that is my body. I want to put in the right kind of fuel so that my body runs perfectly. So I stop myself from eating any kind of food that may slow down my body. Instead I fuel my body with nutritious food - fuel that my body can burn cleanly and efficiently, fuel that will supply me with energy and optimum performance. Day by day I am losing weight and becoming leaner. I gain more control over my body and my intake of food. I relieve stress and tension without the use of food. As my body changes and I become leaner, I feel safe with my new appearance. I am completely safe and comfortable with my changing body. I feel healthy and eat and think only in healthy ways. As I become healthier and leaner, I feel a sense of freedom, and that freedom feels very good to me".

Natlou, you can do this - you know that you want to and that you can. Only you can make the decision not to do it. I had hypnosis as one of the many ways I have tried to lose weight and one thing it really taught me is that we are in control of what we do no-one else and when I truly realised that I found it much easier to resist the temptations, in fact I kinda get cross when my mind strays that way and that helps me to stay focused on what I really want which is to be healthy and mobile so I can be a great Mum to my wonderful nearly four year old. Any choc/cake/pizza pales into insignificance at that thought! You can do this we know you can and your half way there already - amazing achievement so huge pat on the back...........

Such great suggestions! I just want to say I'm rooting for you! It's so very hard at times. Such a struggle and really requires a tremendous energy, like pushing a stone up a mountain. And it sounds like you've got other things going on right now requiring your energy. So, no wonder you're having a hard time.

Wish I could wave a magic wand and make your back better and you completely over being ill.

Maybe start knitting? A distraction? If distracting doesn't work, it helps me to be really conscious right before eating anything and make sure it's my choice. And, if it ends up being something off plan and I choose to eat it, to really understand my motivation. And be ok with it for that moment, if it's what I truly want considering the future and it's consequences.

Thank you all for your words of support and advice:) next week I'm going to have a cookathon of all dukan meals to freeze so have no chance of falling, plus my husband is away for a week so will have some spare time to read and get my head around it all again!! I know dukan works wonders when u follow it just will have to accept its going to be a slow process with me:) xx

Back