Disappointed :(

MysticMagic

Only -2 in week 2?

Why? :( I've been 100% :(

I only did -3lb in week 2 followed by a -6lb in week 3. Having been doing this for a while I've come to the conclusion that the losses are completely random in terms of when the weight lets go but that one thing is certain; if you stick to plan you will lose the weight.

I only lost 1 lb in my second week - and I only lost 1 lb this week too! It all adds up in the end.

I only lost 1 lb in my second week - and I only lost 1 lb this week too! It all adds up in the end.

I get that but I could be doing slimming world, eating normally without feeling starved all the time for 2lb!

Argh!!! Need bigger losses to keep me on track :(

I know it is disheartening, I did 1.8lbs one week, but I think we have to remember the bigger picture, and now you are in week two it is just fat! Remember they say about a stone a month, so try and stay positive for the weeks you are a bit disappointed. Just think, it is two pounds gone and that is brilliant x

There is no way I would have lost 8 stone since the end of July on Slimming World! The weekly losses do vary - sometimes they're high and sometimes they're low but they are there consistently. I would suggest that you give yourself 4 weeks and then average your losses out over that time and decide then whether or not this works well for you.

I only lost 1lb this week too :-( and stupidly just consoled myself with a chocolate digestive (or 3, oops!) I'm putting a lot of it down to TOTM and a change in medication which has sent my appetite a bit mad and has seen me eating extra protein on top of my four packs! I had a major whinge at my husband (who did another cracking 4lbs off this week) and said the same thing about losing 1lb but eating more on SW. However, I know I wouldn't have lost 22lbs in 7 weeks on SW, so despite the temptation to have a whole day off, I've put my biscuit binge behind me already and am hauling myself back on the wagon now! I know it's disheartening but keep going it does all add up in the end.

It's funny that when people have a small loss they say they can do as well on SW but when they have a big loss the next week they never say they could do as well on SW :). If we could all lose the amount of weight we're shifting on SW we'd all be doing SW probably. It sounds harsh but when people say they could lose as much weight on SW what goes through my mind is 'on you go then'. Sometimes we just have to swallow smaller losses as our bodies are not machines.

I think the 'I could do just as well on SW' is one of those sabotaging thoughts we all have around diets ........... whenever you think this way look at what you've lost so far and work out your weekly average and then realistically think about whether you could have done as well on SW overall.
If you watch the Biggest Loser they work out for hours a day & are on a restricted diet and even then there are weeks they only lose 1lb or even stay the same - especially the women - unfortunately our fluctuating hormone levels do mean that we retain water etc. Next week if you stick to S&S 100% you will probably see a big loss

BordersGirl said:
It's funny that when people have a small loss they say they can do as well on SW but when they have a big loss the next week they never say they could do as well on SW :). If we could all lose the amount of weight we're shifting on SW we'd all be doing SW probably. It sounds harsh but when people say they could lose as much weight on SW what goes through my mind is 'on you go then'. Sometimes we just have to swallow smaller losses as our bodies are not machines.

Lol glass I'm not the only one thinking like that :)

Back