Disappointing 1st week

owlgoose

Hey so just got back from 1st weigh in and I've lost 2.5lbs. This really isn't much when i have over 3 stone to lose. I have eaten like a saint all week, I've had some milk as hexa (although not as many mls as suggested) but i don't use my hexb as consultant said it was optional and i don't really want anything off the list. I've been having about 5.5 syns a day and don't really know how to have any more without eating rubbish like crisps and chocolate just for the sake of it when i'm not even hungry.

Help?

I know it can be disappointing when you hoped for more, but 2.5 lbs is really good. Be proud of yourself and keep on going. You may surprise yourself and have a big loss next week or the week after. The main thing is you ARE going in the right direction :).

I know it can be disappointing when you hoped for more, but 2.5 lbs is really good. Be proud of yourself and keep on going. You may surprise yourself and have a big loss next week or the week after. The main thing is you ARE going in the right direction :).

Thanks - I know there are some people who lose nothing or less than me in week 1 - but everyone i know who's started slimming world lost 5-7 lbs in week 1 and people on the internet seem to lose that or even more, some boasting a 9lb loss in week one. I guess my expectations are a bit warped.

I used to be disappointed with my weight losses until I had bad weeks and realised how hard I had to work to get those lbs off. One thing I did start doing was whilst out walking I'd have a backpack with tins in equal to my weight loss and add to it or take it out depending on weekly results. Doing this not only gives you an insight into how much you were actually carrying but it also adds to the exercise :)

Back