Disappointment!

lc3490

So been on propoints for a week I wasn't great the first two days but thought id been so good during the week ate healthily and didn't go over points... So had my wi and went down 2 points... I know a loss is a loss but I nearly think the old plan was much better!... On my first week on that I had lost 9 pounds... I just guess there was sooo much hype about how we'll lose so much weight compared to before... And I just can't see the greatness of it!... Was talking to my friend also doing ww and she just thinks her leader even hates the plan she had been so enthusiastic before and now she seems so blah!...

Wow that's a waffle and a half...
Anyway I'm just wondering what do other ppl think about the plan?! Xx

It's still 2lb down!! I'm back on WW after a couple of years off, so am new to PP too, i'm going to give it 4 weeks and see how i get on :)

Ah I know I have to give it time just last time it was easier!! Haha just wanted to check I'm not the only person out there not Excatly loving the new plan... Yet anyway!! X

I absolutely love ProPoints. I'm getting just as good losses as before (if not better), I feel like I am eating a lot more healthily, and I am very rarely hungry :)

I guess I just need to give it time and see which works best for me!! I want to like this one cause it sounds healthier!.... X

Im dissapointed with Propoints too, i did the normal plan on my own the week before last, and lost 5.5lbs! the joined the groups and learnt PP, my first weigh in i had gained 1lb! :(

Ah I just felt that I was quite good I just expected more from it!... It just seems deceiving like a potato is 2/3 points in book but a regular potato is not 100g!... Ah well only time will tell how well it works I guess!! Xx

Hmm, just thought I'd throw this out there as you don't seem to be the only ones kinda off put by the small 1st week losses.

When we all started WW, be it core or discovery or whatever - it was our first week of ANY diet (on the whole, obv gonna be some this isn't true for)

So, 1st week of ANY diet almost always leads to a big loss - water, big change in health of diet etc..

Now, those who've had their 1st week on the new ProPoints.. most have been doing core/discovery for some while so REALLY even though it's 1st week of PP, it's just another week in the grand scheme of WW... so I'd have thought an average loss would be expected.

I love the massive lose at the start of a diet as much as the next mini but any lb down is better than no lb down :D

Ah I know I think the plan was just so hyped up in my class tho all we hear was omg like ppl are having 10 lbs losses etc!... But I know what you mean.. I guess it's just a big change... So many new points and higher!... I'm prob just a Moan have been sick for over a week and wi was 1st time out of the house properly... So wanted it to be amazing!!! Haha silly I know! Lol xx

Ah I know I think the plan was just so hyped up in my class tho all we hear was omg like ppl are having 10 lbs losses etc!... But I know what you mean.. I guess it's just a big change... So many new points and higher!... I'm prob just a Moan have been sick for over a week and wi was 1st time out of the house properly... So wanted it to be amazing!!! Haha silly I know! Lol xx

Maybe the people who were having 10 lbs losses had a lot to lose and were dieting for the first time. Remember that with any diet your metabolism decreases. When you put the weight back on, even by starting again the same diet you would notice that your body loses weight at a lower rate. That's because obviously the previous diet has not only made you lose fat and water, but also muscle mass. That's the reason for big losses by the way -- you lose MUSCLES. They are VERY, VERY easy to lose but VERY VERY hard to build back. They are what makes you burn the fat, they're your metabolism. Even losing a small amount of them decreases your metabolic rate and ensures that next time that you start a diet, even if you've put the weight back on, it will take you longer to lose it again.

So be happy that you HAVE indeed had a loss and work with ProPoints to keep on losing. Maybe the fact that you've lost only 2 lbs this time means that you are losing weight the RIGHT way, only burning fat and water and not compromising your metabolism?

I did Propoints for 4 weeks and didn't lose any weight, so cancelled my online subscription and went back to discover plan two weeks ago and lost 4lbs in my first week and lost 2lbs last week. So really pleased I switched. Everybody is different though, not all diets are suited to everyone.

i have to dis agree about the big loss we get on first week of any diet,,i joined ww last june and only lost half a pound first week,,second week i lost 1lb,,3rd week 1.5 lbs,,and last week was first week on pro points and i lost 1.5lb,,i'm liking it but kind of finding myself picking now because i have the weekly points,,will give it a month and see how i get on before i decide which plan i'm sticking to,,

I'm hating pro points tbh. I'm following it to a tee...but always feeling hungry. It's all very well and good going on about snacking on fruit but I can't (I have for all the life what can be described as a phobia of putting fruit in my mouth...hate how it feels so much it makes me physically sick) and believe me I've tried.

I think I've lost less than 5lb since the swap over....wanted to be 10st10 by Xmas and 9st10 by time I go and see The Script in march...had less than a stone to get to 1010 by the swap over and I'm still in the 11's now :( I'm so disheartened I feel like giving up but I've come this far so to hell with giving up now.

Need to go back to discover I think...spent a fortune on pp stuff though and I think that's why I'm determined to at least try and work for me...

Sorry if this rant went slightly o/t I think I needed get it off my chest :(

Do you like smoothies? It could be a way of snacking on fruit without eating it!
You've given pp a good shot, so maybe going back to discovery would help. I used to do Wendy when I was on discover and i lost more weight than non Wendy!
Best of luck, dont be disheartened....

Cat
Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I am really losing weight on the pp system quite well but I also lost weight on the old plan too. To me I feel there is a difference in how I am feeling with this plan, I feel alot more healthy and also do not feel like I am on a "diet" as I never feel hungry and If I want that chocolate bar I can have it.. or I have been easily able to have some takeaways with friends still and it has not effected my weight loss and I haven't had to restrict myself to get that takeaway either so not felt hungry to get it if that makes sense. The biggest problem for me still is having that faith that it deff works, as I have read bloggs from people that it hasn't worked for and each week before weigh in I think no I can't lose this week I have ate loads!! How can it possible work.. but so far it has so I need to have complete faith lol

Back