Dispatches sandwich program

oops didnt realise you could watch it on catch up lol

WHAT HAPPENED IN SUBWAY????

high fat, high salt....as in toones up to now...still watching

hope its on again cos i missed it

go to channel4.com/catchup-player. I'm on there right now watching it as I missed it too.

Yucky yucky just watched it with my daughter who was having a subway as a treat tomorrow......oh no she isn't !!

I don't get ham issue. I thought everyone knew that what we usually buy is reformed pork meat. I believe the really fatty bits that guy showed go into sausages.

It is stupid to complain that pancetta ceasar sandwich is high is salt and fat. I bet it is delicious, though. :giggle:

I don't get ham issue. I thought everyone knew that what we usually buy is reformed pork meat. I believe the really fatty bits that guy showed go into sausages.

It is stupid to complain that pancetta ceasar sandwich is high is salt and fat. I bet it is delicious, though. :giggle:

Re Ham....I never knew I was eating trotters/butt holes and other parts of the pig I dare not mention. I thought it was the 'normal' off cuts of which had been re-formed.:eek: Especially the ham the butcher showed on the show. That looked like a good cut of ham, not the mashed up cheap ham you can get. I suppose I would have wondered about that other ham.

Most people would know that a Pancetta Ceasar sandwich is going to be high fat, but I for one never realised that there would be more fat in that then TWO DOUBLE cheeseburgers.....I would have said maybe one. I agree it probably is delicious. What made me laugh was when asked one of the food distributors said that the sandwich was ideal to eat prior to going to the gym LOL. Yep thats what everyone does after eating one of those sandwiches!!

Last edited:
Watched this last night on catch-up and it was certainly an eye-opener for me. Call me stupid but I read what was on the front and thought that that meant I knew what was in the sandwich! Turns out I couldn't really be more wrong if I'd tried to be! And I looove chicken and cheese Subs too! :( Ahhh well, home-made sarnies it is for me when I can actually eat lol x

It was fairly disgusting - I watched it on Sky plus this morning.
The factory was disgusting, and I shudder to think how many people have eaten their sandwiches. The sneezing and going to the loo and the dirty gloves were all particularly yucky.
I was suprised at the salt content in the Subway stuff! Only last week my oldest and middle boys had the meatball marinara for lunch - I think they were quite appaled at it as well.
Only home made sarnies for me now!

just watched this, so gross, i used to love pret too :(

all that reformed, water infused rubbish excuse for meat too, will stick to my LT flappies in future!

Well I will be more discerning but I'll still have Subways sometimes!

Back