Dispatches- weight watchers

LadyJo

Silver Member
Hi all

Did anyone watch the programme about weight watchers on the other night?? I could not believe the ingredients in ww ice creams compared to Haagen daas and other regular ice creams! It's right what they say about everything in moderation!!! I'd rather have a scoop of Haagen daas now than a ww ice cream!
I only ever buy ww products when I see them in the pound shop, things like crisps and soups. They are nice but now I see why! Pumped with loads of chemicals!!
I've recently stopped using margarine after finding out the truth about it!! And have gone into proper organic butter. I hardly use butter anyway so it's been an easy change whereas I know some horrible things about skimmed and 1% milk but I still use them!
What does everyone else think???

I'm also watching the Horizon programme about exercise at the minute on bbc2, he's eating a big fat fry up and now I really fancy one!! Lol :p

I try to avoid these things anyhow as prefer to know what's in my food now and make it myself.. But yes has put me off buying the odd cheap ww when doing the weekly shop :0 x

I try not to watch 'food' programs that go undercover because tbh I don't think we'd eat most of whats in the shop. I avoid certain brands due to animal cruelty (animal testing).

I have WW desserts in my freezer atm... I won't use low fat mayo if I can help it because of the mould they use to make it. I use ICBINB (if you can guess that brand) in butter, is that okay or do shall I change to an organic brand? I'd like to know about Skimmed milk as well, I usually drink a long life skimmed milk, this week I did buy a organic normal milk because I couldn't find our brand online...

I used ICBINB the light version but I have come to realise that with that and all margarines really so many chemical reactions and things are done to it to make it taste and spreadable and that actually comes out a grey colour and they add the yellow to it. The process is sooo long whereas butter is made quite simply from a cow!

The same additive that they use to make white paint is used in skimmed milk. Also there is hardly any goodness left in its best to have at least semi skimmed. I get my 1% delivered from the milk man I've just been too lazy to go online and change it and I don't mind 1% milk but now I'm using it as a protein source after the gym I think ill change it (right now it's in my mind!!)

I know loads of other things have shady truths and I definatley do not "eat clean" I can't afford organic everything etc. but a few things I can easily change and feel a bit better about

I'm not a fan of fatty milk and non milk products don't go well in tea lol. I only use milk for my tea. but I may change to semi. I'll change my marg to butter, do you know if lurpac is ok, it's my fav or is it with the low fat stuff?

I'm not a fan of fatty milk and non milk products don't go well in tea lol. I only use milk for my tea. but I may change to semi. I'll change my marg to butter, do you know if lurpac is ok, it's my fav or is it with the low fat stuff?

I think lurpak is ok from what I've read. The best is Kerry Gold butter and I've heard that from many sources. It is 100% churned butter.

Like I said there's loads of things that could shock us out there. My mum has recently watched what she describes as a very shocking film about animal treatment. She has since gone vegetarian. I'm a little too scared to watch if myself! It's called earthlings it's narrated by joaquin Phoenix think u can catch it on YouTube if your feeling brave!

I'm already working on being vegetarian. I've given up Pork and Lamb (porks my favourite but I saw a picture of them in a pen standing onto of a dead one) :/ Lamb I rarely eat, I think beef will be next once the freezer has none then it'll be chicken and turkey.

I don't use PG Tips because a investigator found out they were testing it on animals in labs, force feeding it to animals until their systems were flooded. Scolding them to see what it did, having soley tea diets (no food) and so on... it's like why the hell would you do that? It has no real scientific reason, you can study millions of tea addicts in the world to see the effects it has on HUMAN health, what the products made for. If you google who owns that company, you'll see the company I avoid for this reason like wildfire... I gave up my favourite products household, body and food wise and I hate the company so much :/

On the plus side it's just been decided that the EU is going to ban ALL animal tested products, so the next thing should be improving our slaughter houses and animal care I'd think? I mean why would you want to eat a pig who's spent most of it's life in a pen the size of a single bed and sitting on top of it's dead brother for about 2 weeks? :/

Apparently marg shares 27 ingredients with paint! It was apparently originally designed to fatten turkeys but all the turkeys in the research died and they decided to try find another use for it. I don't know how much is true though but I have stopped using marg.

I do all my own cooking, I use to odd fish fingers or Kievs for the kids sonetines but that's just cos self cooking is cheaper.

But its true, think of our ancestors who didn't have all these additives. They weren't fat. X

Back