Divorce Advice

Barsi

Quite depressing subject matter, especially given the time of year!!

5 weeks ago, my husband walked out on me, said he hasn't been happy for months and and isn't in love me anymore. The last 5 weeks have been living hell, as you will appreciate, however i'm not going beat myself up over something that I could NOT help in anyway at all! He has said this himself, I have done't nothing wrong whatsoever, his feelings towards me have changed. He loves me, but isn't in love with me.

We are amicable with each other, have agreed how to go on financially, so its just a case of filing for divorce, siting unreasonable behaviour. There is no need for solicitors, all in all this can be done very "nicely"

However, where the HELL do you start?! I've looked over the forms that need filling in on the DWP website, but when do the fees get paid? At the start of application?

Just like the whole of my marriage, this will be something that I need to sort out - he never had a clue about finances, paperwork, etc. I might seem really blase about this, but I just want to be able to move on with my life, and so does he. Even if he was to turn round and say "I made a mistake", I don't know whether I could forgive him for putting me through this.

There is obviously more to this, which i'd rather not go into pls.

Thanks in advance :)

Ah Barsi, I'm sorry to hear that you are having such a bad time of it.
Is this website any help at all? DIY Divorce? | Divorce Forms to Download for free

I tried 'DIY divorce' in google and this was one that came up, but there are others too, although I would personally tend to avoid the company ones that come up and offer to do it for you for a fee. I can't recommend the site from personal experience as when my first husband and I divorced we did use solicitors, but he paid for it all. However, it looks like there may be some useful information on there to point you in the right direction.

I wish you the best of luck, and although I can appreciate you don't want to go into details, this is a great forum for support, when you feel you need it.

:bighug:

Ditto on commiserations - not pleasant at any time but shitty at this time of year.

My daughter has just (today) received notification of her Absolute - actually rubber stamped on 6th Dec. She initiated the process in April through an on-line company who were supposed to do all the work for her but she was left pulling her hair out at times over the actual admin.

If she had the time she'd have done it all herself & would recommend anyone doing it if they can.

This link might also help you make your decision.

Getting a divorce : Directgov - Government, citizens and rights

Good luck in whatever you do.

Some Law firms work for a fixed fee too so may be worth looking into!

Commiseration's from me too xxx

Sorry to hear about your impending divorce....can't be pleasant at any time let alone Christmas. Keep your chin up...there is life after divorce...trust me!! :bighug:

Back