Do I change from WW to Slimming World?

happykitten

Hi everyone, I've been a WW member for about three months and lost 8 pounds. I've been on holiday and put on ten pounds!!!! I didn't go mad and walked for miles each day. Anyway I've tried getting back into the plan and I'm not loosing anything. So I think it may be time for a change; do you think it's worth me trying slimming world? Thanks x

happykitten said:
Hi everyone, I've been a WW member for about three months and lost 8 pounds. I've been on holiday and put on ten pounds!!!! I didn't go mad and walked for miles each day. Anyway I've tried getting back into the plan and I'm not loosing anything. So I think it may be time for a change; do you think it's worth me trying slimming world? Thanks x

It depends what suits you, I know that having done both WW and SW I couldn't stick to WW long enough to get to target- it didn't feel me up, and doesn't teach you to eat healthily, just that you can eat chocolate and pizza if it's under X amount of points.
However I know people who have done WW and really learnt a lot abot portion control etc, and lost lots of weight :)
If you want a bit more freedom, personally I think SW is better, and you feel less deprived. But really, it's all An individual choice :)

How much do you have to loose? 8 lbs in 3 months doesn't seem alot for WW. Are you quite near your target, or suffer fron PCOS?

I too am debating a return to SW. Have 4 weeks to hols and would love to lose abit for then.

Neither SW or WW have a magic formula for losing weight, it is purely down to the individuals choice and dedictation to either of the eating plans.
I have done both, am a Target SW member and a Gold WW member, but both worked at totally different times in my life, when the other didn't, if that makes any sense.

I have done ww ans sw but sw is the plan I love the most. Its so easy and gives you a lot mmore freedom and choice, and you run out of points on sw you just eat until your full. Sw works for me as I have PCOS and I stick to mostly red days. But it has changed the way I think about food and lifestyle x

My BMI is 26 at the moment...I've got a stone to loose before I start to feel comfortable. I've really been trying with WW and I have learnt a lot about portion control. Perhaps I just need a change of approach....fresh eyes and mind x

I am currently on a VLCD and have researched what i want to do to lose the last stone and maintain, SW looks good, lots of support on here, loads of yummy recipes and the general priciples of filling up on fruit and veg etc seem to be a good recipe for keeping the weight off. Its a personal decision, but all the info on here helps you make a good, informed decision

Back