Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Do I Change My WI Day?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by jadeelizabeth, 20 October 2011 Social URL.

1. jadeelizabeth

jadeelizabeth becoming a happier, healthier me

Start Weight:
    11st10lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I currently weigh in on a Monday night but as a 21 year old I love to go out at weekends and don't see why If I save my syns I shouldn't.

However... since I started weighing in on a Monday my weight loss seems to be at an all time low. Could it be that my drinking at the weekend is affecting my weight loss and should I change my weigh in day to later on in the week so I have a couple of days to pull back?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. debtin

debtin Gold Member

Diet:
    sw
    hiya, am not sure what to advise but i personally feel better when wi is on a friday...you then know how well you have done and it spurns you on over the weekend. I couldnt really find a class that suited me so i am doing it from home and WI day will be a Friday as soon as i get up as my sister also weighs in at her home on a friday morning and its a bit like support. I think you should do whatever you feel best doing - am not sure if it makes that much difference but when i have had a bottle of wine on a satruday, knowing wi day is so far away makes me feel better! Also it gives me an incentive, try my best all week, save syns then its like a reward at weeknd ;o)

4. BeckyT

BeckyT Always trying!

Start Weight:
    13st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    4st4.5lb(31.43%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    My WI is on a Saturday morning which I love as I can enjoy my weekend and I know how many syns I have left for the week ahead. Before you know it, it's Saturday again!

5. who_la_hoop

who_la_hoop Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st9.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st1.5lb(36.62%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I don't think that changing your WI day would make any difference to your weekly losses, to be honest - as I'm presuming that if you're saving your syns for the weekend, you're being a good girl Monday to Friday anyway.

If your losses aren't as good as they used to be, I'd take a hard look at what you're eating/drinking on the weekends - are you staying within your syns, or are you just saving them all and hoping for the best? Could be that you're spending more syns than you have - it's hard to count them when you're drinking! (At least, I find that, lol - after a couple of glasses of wine all my willpower just melts!)

jaylou likes this.
  6. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

Isn't it all relative? If you always use all your syns on a weekend then it shouldn't make a difference. If you do it as a one off then maybe but not if it's the same each week.

7. Sofartogo!

Sofartogo! Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.94%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I changed from Monday to sat. I'm a serial weigher and weigh myself every day (it's fine - I understand my neurosis and can live with it)

I also tend to have the odd night out and have drinks / meals out. I'm good all week though and save a few syns for the weekend! I weigh on average 4lb heavier on a Monday than on a Saturday. I agree it should be all relative but it makes me happier to weigh on a sat so that's what I do!

As long as u are losing whichever day u weigh in though, that's all that matters.

Ps, the Saturday weighers thread is very nice!!! X

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.