Do I need to Syn Strepsils?

X Kelly X

Silver Member
Hi Everyone.
Woke up today with a really bad cold and a very sore throat, it feels like i have swollowed a razor blade! :(

Anyway Im having some strepsils to try and help and also ribena hot. do i need to syn these?

Thanks xx

A lady at my class last night said she had strepsils and cough meds all week,she was strict on plan but she did put half a pound on.The consultant said it would have been the high sugar content in the sweets,so you may want to syn them to be on the safe side.You could try sugar free boiled sweets.They would help to soothe your throat.It works for me as i hate cough sweets lol

You'd be better off with soluble painkillers, some Difflam spray and hot sugar free squash.

Thank you for your replies. I will stop the strepsils (thankfully only had 1 today) and carry on with painkillers. what is difflam spray??
I will also swap over to sugar free apple and blackcurrent squash instead of the full sugar ribena! :) Thanks xx

Difflam is a spray contains an anti inflammatory (NSAID) , you can buy a mouth rinse too but as you have a sore throat the spray is best. It's about £3 from the pharmacy.

I have a really bad cough and chest infection this week (working its way around the family home) and to avoid strepsils and things I have been drinking either hot water, a little honey and sweetner or the same with weak black tea. Seems to be doing the trick. It is still a couple of syns for honey.

K x

Technically they count as syns but at 10 calories each you'd have to eat 350 before you even put a pound on... If you're ill just use them. Ten calories is a fifth of an apple... :rolleyes: Any weight you put on when you're ill is NOT going to be down to Strepsil intake...

Difflam is a spray contains an anti inflammatory (NSAID) , you can buy a mouth rinse too but as you have a sore throat the spray is best. It's about £3 from the pharmacy.

i am a bit unwell myself, and yesterday my doctor give me difflam spray and a cough bottle, and i noticed both said sugar free...so does that mean no syns in either ? thanks :)

i am a bit unwell myself, and yesterday my doctor give me difflam spray and a cough bottle, and i noticed both said sugar free...so does that mean no syns in either ? thanks :)

Well you don't drink the Difflam, the cough medicine is a prescription and I think all medicines are Syn free (unless it was Fortisips food replacement lol)

Back