Do you believe in the one golden shot?

HazeyBlue

Flab 2 Fab
So, almost 4 weeks in and i have lost a massive ..... 2.5 lb. i have done atkins twice before, losing 18lb in the first 4 weeks first time round, less the second time around. I have stuck to induction rigidly, kept the cheese/cream consumption right down, had no sf jelly or anything like that, nothing with sweetener in. Plus i still feel rubbish, really lethargic. im in ketosis as i show trace/small on the sticks.

I have been able to lose 2lb a week every week on WW so far this year, so as you can imagine im coming close to giving up, so any words on encouragement would be greatly appreciated.

im pretty new to the atkins side of this board, having been a regular on SW side last year

HI, I am having the same problem, I have Done Atkins/Low carb on and off for the last 3 years and now I am not losing, started back on it about 6 weeks ago and lost 8lbs now not losing . I have been keeping my carbs to around 40grms a day but am not losing at all :( I do feel better in my self but the scales are not budging !

Nope. I've done Atkins several times and lost several stone each time - most recently 4 stone. I think you can find it slower going if you haven't had a break - or have just been trying different diet after different diet - but if you've been eating regularly (or badly) for a few months then I don't think the golden shot principle applies. Your body resets.

Bear in mind that if your weight is lower than on your first attempts, loss will be slower. If you've been on weight watchers then you've been essentially calorie counting and your body may take time to adapt to the change - you also may not have had as much water weight to lose.

Afitos - try doing Atkins induction and keeping your carbs to under 20g a day. 40g is quite a high level in Atkins terms.

I'm always on and off with Atkins, I will have a break gain loads, go back on Atkins and lose it all. I don't think my body can lose any more weigh though, I was 7st11 and it won't go any lower, which is probably a good thing as my bmi would be classed as under weight.
I've just came back from a week in turkey and gained 12lb ? but I've managed to lose 5lb of that in just a few days (water Retention)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I can always lose weight with atkins- it's weird how it happens though- I'll be doing it for ages and not notice any difference then suddenly over a couple of days get a kind of whoosh and suddenly my clothes fit and everyone notices all at once. Unfortunately that's normally the time I think 'we'll everyone has noticed how thin I'm getting, time for some pudding!!!!'..... And we all know what happens then :s

I'm not too sure if we all get only one shot....but remember being on the Cambridge diet and when I first started my eyes were sparkling and I was raring to go. Met with my consultant and every time I seen her she used to say it always works best for those who are first timers. I went on to the second step after 4 weeks because I was depressed and starving but...noticed that's pretty much what started the ball rolling to my end on it. I tried to get back on it and my head was in the right place but my body was like......no you don't..
Atkins is different and I believe you can duck in and out with great results provided you go back to induction each time to kick start it. After all we can eat loads so it never feels like a diet diet.

Back