Do you enjoy slimming world?

b_44

Silver Member
I often see people saying that they love slimming world (including me) because of all the stuff you can eat, how it doesn't feel like a diet, the food is tasty etc and I was wondering if everybody felt the same. Personally, when I am in 'the zone', I do enjoy doing slimming world and love planning my meals and writing my food diaries. Most of the recipes I enjoy and I love the syns and healthy extras which I always see as a treat (I.e a milky coffee made with my healthy a). i must say i do find it hard at times tho, such as social occasions. it's a diet at the end of the day!

Do you enjoy doing slimming world or do you just see it as another diet that can help you lose weight but that's it?

I'm with you, I really enjoy it and the way it makes me feel (when I eat rubbish I feel rubbish and my skin's rubbish) :) Not to say I don't find it hard at times too though, sometimes I might just really be craving pizza or white bread or a shedload of chocolate, and it does still take willpower not to slip back into old habits, but I have to keep reminding myself that I enjoy feeling slim for life more than I enjoy eating those things for 10 minutes :)

I really enjoy it. It's given me a lot of freedom around food, especially in social situations. I can make good choices, balance bad ones, and can enjoy eating with friends, without guilt or shame or stubbornness ( all internal- I'm sure no one gave two hoots whether I had cheesecake or not! But it's inside that counts the most)

Great question. X x

Great thred!

I really do love slimming world. When I have 'a break' for a day or two (usually if I go away for the weekend & fancy a blow out) I feel awful after it & can't wait to get back on plan & cooking nice meals!
It had taught me to make healthier choices & allows me to eat out without feeling bad about it.
In my opinion SW is the best diet & the only one you can follow for life xx

I do enjoy it, but hand on heart if I could eat what I wanted, when I wanted (and not gain weight), then I wouldn't be following the plan. I'd be shoving white bread, chocolate, crisps, pies, chips etc down my neck at the speed of knots.

I enjoy the fact I feel so much healthier! But it is becoming a struggle lately, after being on plan since late Feb...

Last night I compared pictures from then to now and was amazed at how different I look with over 3 and a half stone gone, gave me motivation to have fruit instead of biscuits haha

So now I'm looking forward to planning this weeks meals :)

I love this thread. I really enjoy it myself too. I love that I am finally starting to enjoy cooking and am learning new ways to look at food. My entire outlook on eating in general is changing so naturally and so fast it blows my mind sometimes. Also not just about the food. It's the exercise too. If someone told me 3 months ago I would actually look forward to going out for a long fast walk I would have laughed at them but now I really am enjoying it. SW has changed my life.

Great question! I do love it, I wouldn't have followed it so long if it felt like a diet. It's learned me I can eat to satisfy my appetite, but with healthy foods. I can make loads of lovey meals and I think, because I'm 24 and really didnt know how to cook before this, that its taught me healthy habits for life and I can cook healthy meals for life now.

I understand the eating out thing, if I'm being honest I don't go out often so when I do, I just enjoy myself and relax about the food. I eat what I want and don't stress that I could possibly have a gain the following week. I expect this is what I'll be like when I'm at target, eating healthy for the most part but then letting my hair down at social occasions, and having the odd treat of a take away or meal out now and again! Because that's what normal healthy people do isn't it?

I enjoy slimming world but like all of them it only works if you stick to it. It is a lovely diet but I really have trouble watching my portion sizes. I am a big eater. Nontheless I would not want to do any other diet.

I enjoy slimming world but like all of them it only works if you stick to it. It is a lovely diet but I really have trouble watching my portion sizes. I am a big eater. Nontheless I would not want to do any other diet.
I like substantial portions too, sometimes I dish up and think bloody hell I've cooked too many chips lol but I'm still losing so for me this is the best weight loss plan, I can still eat large portions and feel as if I've been really bad and still lose weight

I love it. Feels so good eating fresh food. It is hard though but it's a lifestyle choice.

I love SW! I've tried other diets and nothing gives me the same amount of freedom with my love of cooking. Pretty much every single recipe ever can be adapted!

My only problem is that wine and lovely crispy baked chicken skin isn't free, hah!

I love SW too. I tried WW and stalled at a stone and ended up putting it back on and more. This is a way of life, I love going home and trying all the new recipes and my hair and skin has improved from eating all the fresh food. I can honestly say even if I left SW tomorrow there are some things I wouldn't change. I would never go back to oven chips for example and i'd be a whole lot more conscious of what I was shoving in my gob.

I'm glad you started this thread, it's really motivated me to revisit why I enjoy SW. I recently hurt my back and ended up with sciatica & this week had to go to physio instead of SW class, as well as taking painkillers, anti-inflammatory tablets (and anti-biotic tablets for something else as well).

I joined last September & this is the first I've felt like SW is difficult. I've been struggling to cook my old favorites because I'm in agony when I'm not lying flat on my face or when spaced out on stupid medication. I haven't actually strayed off plan but I've never been more tempted.

So thanks for the motivation - you've helped me more than you'll ever know!

I love it. Feels so good eating fresh food. It is hard though but it's a lifestyle choice.

Exactly SW is a lifestyle choice it isn't a diet. That's why for me I find it easy to stick to as I know I've changed my eating habits for life not just to lose weight.

I didnt' have much to lose but made changes in less cheese, ff yogurts instead of full fat, different deserts instead of creamy ones, that sort of thing. I do find it difficult eating out as I find food is often cooked in masses of oil & I don't always fancy a tomato based meal!!

But to answer your question, yes I do enjoy SW.

I agree with everyone here. I never tell people I'm on a 'diet', at all. It's simply a lifestyle change, that's all! You may have read my post about when I was diagnosed with Aspartame Poisoning - (If not CLICK here) - & since cutting out all 'Sugar Free' products - or ANYTHING with sweetener, I didn't think any kind of 'diets' would be possible, but Slimming world has proved me wrong. You can do it even without the sweeteners, muller lights & diet drinks, yay! :bliss:
Since cutting out the sweeteners & being on this plan, my eyesight has come back & overall I just feel like a much healthier me! I'm able to run on my treadmill and not feel out of breath straight away and have aching joints (aspartame related) - Best thing I've ever done!

See, as much as I do enjoy slimming world... I still think of it as a diet. Maybe that's a mindset I need to get out of, accept that I will need to do this for life :)

Thanks for the replies everyone

I often see people saying that they love slimming world (including me) because of all the stuff you can eat, how it doesn't feel like a diet, the food is tasty etc and I was wondering if everybody felt the same. Personally, when I am in 'the zone', I do enjoy doing slimming world and love planning my meals and writing my food diaries. Most of the recipes I enjoy and I love the syns and healthy extras which I always see as a treat (I.e a milky coffee made with my healthy a). i must say i do find it hard at times tho, such as social occasions. it's a diet at the end of the day!

Do you enjoy doing slimming world or do you just see it as another diet that can help you lose weight but that's it?

Its weird, as im maintaing i switch between calorie counting and SW, because i find SW too restrictive, but the bizarre thing is i enjoy myself on slimming world more. I dont obsessively write everything in myfitnesspal, I just eat to plan, keep an eye on my syns and have lots of free foods and superfree.

I love sw because it helps me have some control over what I eat most of the time still being able to eat large portions and plenty of food but in a healthy way.
I think it is the only 'diet' that I would have been able to follow to lose weight when I started on it and because it was so good I was able to lose so much. I do wonder if another diet would suit me better at the moment to get me out of the situation have been in for bloody ages(maintaining when want to lose a bit more) but I think that's just my mindset not sw.
I do think of it as a diet because there are lots of things I can't have that other non sworlders do have. What I need is for the world to make a lifestyle change to sw in their cooking and eating and then it would be far easier to follow when out and about etc!

Back