Do you ever have the urge to......

funcurls

Never gets tired of SW!
Do you ever have the urge to comment on some of the other forums on here and scream "Come to Slimming World! You know it makes sense"?!! I know we must respect peoples' choices and personal reasons for choosing a particular 'diet' or weight loss plan, so I would never comment (I just have a nose sometimes) but it does concern me when people comment on how starving they are, suffering from extreme hairloss, experiencing terrible smelling breath, feeling lethargic! These things shout out unhealthyness and malnutrition to me, but what do I know?! I haven't named any of the other forums so I hope I don't get into trouble by posting this!! X

Oh yes me too......having done SureSlim last year which is vlc diet and strict guidelines I want to scream at everyone the benefits of SW for life.
I too suffered from hair loss, thankfully its getting thick and glossy again now :)
How can a diet that so restricting be something that can be sustained....so many people end up gaining it back or feeling their life is a constant battle.
SW is such a fab plan and not a diet at all, its a way of life and a very healthy one.
WE LOVE SW :D

Well done on your weight loss :> I think that people do the lipotrim because you cant stray at all on that diet whereas with other diets when you can eat what you want its easy to get away with having that sneaky pack of crisps. Lipotrim is an extremly strict diet and some people need to have the control of eating taken away from them. I started mine yesterday, I am starving but if I was on a normal diet I would have given in by now and eaten some crap but I just simply cant eat a thing on LT and thats where I find it good :>

Well done on your weight loss :> I think that people do the lipotrim because you cant stray at all on that diet whereas with other diets when you can eat what you want its easy to get away with having that sneaky pack of crisps. Lipotrim is an extremly strict diet and some people need to have the control of eating taken away from them. I started mine yesterday, I am starving but if I was on a normal diet I would have given in by now and eaten some crap but I just simply cant eat a thing on LT and thats where I find it good :>

i agree.i done 15 weeks on tfr(lipotrim) and at the time it was exactly what i needed.i was on sw for a month before starting it and i stayed the same weight for 3 weeks only losing 1lb the first week and that was doing everything by the book,no cheating etc.
i was desperate and the afternoon of the 4th weigh in i decided i needed to do something else.
i found lipotrim to be the massive boost i needed.i couldn't cheat at all.i was never hungry,didn't lose hair either.food wasn't a choice for me which i found so much easier.
i'm now back on slimming world after losing 5.5 stone.i want to lose the rest of the weight in a way that works involving food and making better choices.
as you say,each to their own.in the end everybody,no matter what type of plan you do,needs to eat and look after their bodies better.
we are all after the same goal.

Haha, part of me thinks that I still need that shake!

Funcurls, apologies if this has already been asked, but I noticed cruise to Ireland in your sig? Where you headed?

I think it is all down to personal choice... If people do the lipotrim.. loose 2,3,4 stone then go on SW and maintain.. respect for them! I did it for 8 days, ate nothing just 3 sachets a day and I lost 10lbs.. which is amazing but with me it just all goes on again plus some! So for people like me.. its best to go slow i think... My mum is excellent though.. shes doing lipotrim atm and then she will go to Slimming World to maintain.. I wish I had the willpower!! x

Haha, part of me thinks that I still need that shake!

Funcurls, apologies if this has already been asked, but I noticed cruise to Ireland in your sig? Where you headed?

It's a 4 night cruise from Southampton to Cobh, on the Independence of the Seas, one of these all singing all dancing Royal Caribbean cruiseliners- I can't wait to see what it's like and go ice-skating!! (And visit gorgeous Eire of course!!)XXX

Going back to my thread, I think any plan is OK as long as people are getting the nutrition their bodies need! Symptoms like hair loss, severe lethargy and dangerously low blood glucose ( I read someone had to give one of the vlc diets up as had a reading of 1.6!! and felt very unwell) all send alarm bells ringing to me that the body is crying out for missing nutrients! Perhaps in these cases people aren't following them properly, I'm not sure! I'm not getting at people who want to see results quickly- it's not for me to judge peoples circumstances/needs and I think that for people like Tafflass who have switched over to SW for a sustainable life-long way of eating, that's fab and a sensible way of doing it! I suppose I'm just saying that I feel it's a shame for people to feel so hungry and deprived (and sometimes suffer other health hazards) to reach the common goal, when on SW you can get nice and slim without going hungry at all!! And you're more likely to avoid dipping into the naughty things because you're nice and full and satisfied on all the free things!X

Back