Do you feel lighter?

Flopster

Got a life thank you!
Went for a bit of a walk today and something occured to me - despite losing very nearly the equivalent of my six year old daughter in weight I don't actually think I feel any lighter - I am sure I must do but I am certainly not conscious of it.

Do you feel lighter?

I know I look lighter, I can wear a size 16 from Next now and was a 22/24 before.

But I expected to some how physically feel lighter, that I wasn't dragging so much weight round with me but I just don't feel that way for some reason. Obviously I still have at least 2 1/2 stone to loose but having lost almost that now I thought I wouldn't feel as heavy when I walk.

Not sure that makes sense??

I dont think i feel lighter but I do feel faster. for example before i would plod along and be happy to walk at my childrens pace. Now i seem to walk faster, with more energy.

I can honestly say though I still see myself as fat and heavy. I can't wait for the day my Husband can pick me up - i think then it will sink in that I am lighter!!

Flopster I'm so glad you posted about this because I thought I was weird :D

I know what I look like, I know what size I am but I actually don't feel any lighter :rolleyes:

What I do feel is freedom from my old body. :)

I do see myself as slimmer (most of the time) but not lighter, glad I'm not on my own though because I was so sure I would feel lighter.

All I can think is that I am too heavy for my hubby to carry me. It doesn't matter how much above his comfortable lift weight I am, I am still too heavy for him :(

I just want to be swept off my feet!

Can I ask why you want to be swept off your feet by him?

I definitely feel lighter when doing certain activities. I can walk briskly down my stairs (which are quite steep) one foot on one step at a time instead of shuffling down each step one-by-one like a little old granny!

Other things that are easier are ... walking UP the stairs, standing up from my sofa (no more rocking back and forth to gain momentum!) and I can sit down slowly and elegantly instead of plonking down like a sack of spuds!

despite losing very nearly the equivalent of my six year old daughter in weight

I've lost the equivalent of my toddler's weight and must admit the backache has gone when I still need to temporarily add the weight on when I attach her on my hip for short periods. At least I can literally feel the weight come off.

I personally don't feel lighter but there are a couple of things that have proved to me I must be lighter

1) My chair at work gets stuck under the desk, it hasn't been adjusted the reason for this is because there is not so much weight making it lower down.
2) On Thursday at my nephews party I sat on my hunny's lap for nearly 5 mins and he didnt complain.
My hubby is incredibly skinny and I uselly crush him.

I do think it will take a while for our heads to catch up.

Can I ask why you want to be swept off your feet by him?

Of course I don't mind you asking :D

It's because when I moved in with him 13 years ago he was able to do this easily.

I was a size 10/12 back then (bearing in mind that is an old 10/12 which is the equivalent of an 8/10 in todays sizes) and then ballooned up to a size 24 :(

Of course I don't mind you asking :D

It's because when I moved in with him 13 years ago he was able to do this easily.

I was a size 10/12 back then (bearing in mind that is an old 10/12 which is the equivalent of an 8/10 in todays sizes) and then ballooned up to a size 24 :(

I am sure you will get there, look how well you are doing, not long now, I am sure!

I personally don't feel lighter but there are a couple of things that have proved to me I must be lighter

1) My chair at work gets stuck under the desk, it hasn't been adjusted the reason for this is because there is not so much weight making it lower down.
2) On Thursday at my nephews party I sat on my hunny's lap for nearly 5 mins and he didnt complain.
My hubby is incredibly skinny and I uselly crush him.

I do think it will take a while for our heads to catch up.

That is amazing, I love your reasons, they are fab!

I've lost the equivalent of my toddler's weight and must admit the backache has gone when I still need to temporarily add the weight on when I attach her on my hip for short periods. At least I can literally feel the weight come off.

That is brilliant, it is wierd when you add the weight back on when carrying a child isn't it?

I definitely feel lighter when doing certain activities. I can walk briskly down my stairs (which are quite steep) one foot on one step at a time instead of shuffling down each step one-by-one like a little old granny!

Other things that are easier are ... walking UP the stairs, standing up from my sofa (no more rocking back and forth to gain momentum!) and I can sit down slowly and elegantly instead of plonking down like a sack of spuds!

These are brilliant, I can empathise with many of these - especially the walking up the stairs, it is much easier now.

Something that might help with this. Go to Sainsburys, or Asda or whatever. Load a basket with the amount of lbs you have lost and carry it around the shop. You will definitely feel lighter when you get to put it down!! :eek:

A friend of mine did it - well, loaded up lard to match her weight loss - and was well impressed! :cool:

Something that might help with this. Go to Sainsburys, or Asda or whatever. Load a basket with the amount of lbs you have lost and carry it around the shop. You will definitely feel lighter when you get to put it down!! :eek:

A friend of mine did it - well, loaded up lard to match her weight loss - and was well impressed! :cool:

I don't think asda would have enough lard in the fridge. I might that with potatoes instead :eek:

Running up the stairs the first time made me feel how much I had lost and then climbing over a wall and a gate.

Could not to any of these things before as I was so stiff and heavy.

For some reason at the moment I am feeling skinny, I kid you not and it is only when I look in the mirror I can see I have a long way to go...:(

This must be my reverse anorexia stage:rolleyes:

Love Mini xxx

Back