Do you need to have a medical to start CD?

no but if your bmi is over 40 you will need to get signed and stamped by your gp

also if you are on ay medication u might not be able to do cd or might need your doses changing

Taken from Cambridge Diet home page

Do I need my doctor’s consent to use the Cambridge Diet with food?
We would recommend that anyone wishing to follow any weight loss programme at any calorific level should check with their doctor first. All Cambridge customers need to complete a Medical Record Form whether they plan to use the Diet with or without food. Anyone on prescribed medications or with a medical condition and planning to use the Diet at less than 1500 Kcal per day should seek their doctor’s consent. The same contraindications for the ‘Sole Source’ programme apply to a diet of less than 1500 Kcal.

i went to see my doctor who read the leaflet, re checked the medication i was on and then signed the form. no real medical was taken i.e BP etc..................she didnt even weigh me!

You have to fill in a medical form when you see your CDC - they then look at it and know whether you need to see your GP. Most people don't ....

Back