Do you plan your meals

kazpeza

Silver Member
or just go with the flow,I always plan i feel as though i can stick to it better that way than just wake up tomorrow and think right what we gonna eat,at this minute in time im planning tomorrow and writing it on my food diary.If theres something i dont fancy tomorrow i just cross it off

I pretty much go with the flow, what ever is in my fridge/freezer/cupboards is what I eat! When shopping we pick up meats and carbs for the week but never plan what to do with them. Luckly we have a Tesco down stairs so we are always popping in there for bits and bobs for dinner etc.

I'm on a limited budget so I go with whatever I've got in my fridge/freezer. I tend to go EE too because it means I can mix whatever I have got and I don't have to go out and buy anything extra, apart from some fresh veg and salad.

I do a mixture of both really, I have an idea in my mind for meals when I do my shopping and I mix that with whatever I have in the fridge, freezer or cupboard.

I always plan ahead, but not writing a weeks meal plan out...I do a day at a time, so always plan the day before. With shopping, I know that I roughly have 5-6 Red days a week and 1-2 Green, so I have a rough idea of what I want...I mainly get fresh fruit and veg and plan around that!

I usually plan a day ahead, and with EE the shopping list is easy to follow. I doubt I'd be organised enough to plan a whole week ahead, and sometimes when I get home I just don't fancy what I was going to have , and I HAVE to enjoy my food.

ohh i dont do a weeks planning but i know what needs to go on the list ie fresh veg,fruits.a pack of mince for reserve in freezer,i just plan the day in a day to day way

I plan my week ahead. I found I was spending a fortune at shopping when I didn't plan as I was buying way too much. Plus I hate getting home and not knowing what I am going to eat, that would make me really grumpy!!

I have bought some old magazines on eBay for inspiration and I am going to do the 7 day plan for a change... the 1st time I have ever followed a pre written plan. Looks ok and it will make my shopping bill cheaper too! :D

Im on a tight budget so I write a weekly menu so I know what Im going to eat. I then write my shopping list from that, put it into my supermarket.com and see how much it costs. I then print it and walk around asda with my pen and calculator. I may look sad but it stops me buying the 'offers' I dont need and having a load of food I cant make meals from at the end of the week. I find I throw very little away now

I'm a planner, I plan what we are having for evening meals for the week and shop accordingly. I then plan the day before for the next day's meals. I have to plan else I'll fall off the wagon and resort to cheese on toast (bad girl)!

I do my plan for the whole weeks lunches and dinners after WI on Wednesday, order from Tesco at the same time, and loads of fruit and Mullers, kids crips and pack ups. Sorted. I usually see if there's any random stuff left over like vlf yoghurt that needs using while planning. I don't plan brekkie because it's usually weetabix or bacon, eggs, toms & beans. I but a weeks worth of Hifi bars at class and a weeks worth of babybels, plus a 400g loaf of bread, so that I've got my HEX's sorted if they don't fit in my meals anywhere.

i plan the evening meals a week before and shop accordingly. I still waste some of my veg though *hangs head in absolute shame* when i've changed at the last minute, or forgotten to cook something.

I go with the flow and decide normally the night before or even on the day. It means I can be more flexiable with what I eat and see how I feel/how much time I have. I try and write it down as I go so I don't get confsed.

Good luck! x

At the weekend I put together a list of 8 evening meals for the coming week and shop for the ingredients. I don't specify which one I'm going to eat on which day as this gives my flexibility of choice depending on what I feel like on the day. Having 8 on my list means I have one spare to play with if on the last day I don't fancy the one remaining meal.
Planning means I'm less likely to end up throwing out wasted food or buying extras in the supermarket, so I save money as well.

Back