Do you spend your exercise calories

Jot

jo'stime
hi all,

when you exercise do you, have extra calories equivalent to what you have burnt off or do you use it as an extra bonus on lowering you daily intake.

For me epescially on weekend it gives me a bit more flexibility,

Hi Jot

I tend not to use the extra calories burnt on a daily basis, however that being said I do enjoy a good drink and feed at weekends (meal out or takeout) so I tend to justify that by my excercise calories throughout the week. I tend to do 4 - 5 sessions burning approx 400 cals - it is rubbish though as you get lighter the harder it is to burn the calories!:cry:

Hiya Jot,

I use the exercise as a bonus in lowering my intake. Well I have this week and I'm feeling really good about it! It's all about personal preference really, whatever you feel most comfortable with.

Hmm, well if I've slogged my guts out exercising I don't really want to 'undo' it all with extra calories! So I guess the second one. But eventually when I've lost the weight and I'm maintaining, then I probably will use exercise as a way of offsetting the odd takeaway or bottle of wine...

I'm with Lady Marmalade. Plus if I work off, say, 300 calories in cardio at the gym, that's not the total I'll work off during the day because I went to the gym. What this means is that as attending the gym raises my BMR, I can't really calculate how many calories are really being burned off by going to the gym. Far better to put them all to use reducing the size of my arse than using them to eat chocolate and not lose weight. It'll already take me over a year to get rid of all this flab. Why would I possibly want it to take even longer still? :D

I'm with Lady Marmalade. Plus if I work off, say, 300 calories in cardio at the gym, that's not the total I'll work off during the day because I went to the gym. What this means is that as attending the gym raises my BMR, I can't really calculate how many calories are really being burned off by going to the gym. Far better to put them all to use reducing the size of my arse than using them to eat chocolate and not lose weight. It'll already take me over a year to get rid of all this flab. Why would I possibly want it to take even longer still? :D

:8855: totally agree and so eloquantly put :8855:

totally with the rest especially crazybrit looool nicely put

Ive got 200+ to lose what I work of killing myself in the gym I sure as hell aint gonna pile back into my lardy arse or tree trunk thighs...

best to maybe save up a few cals for an extra treat once a month or for special occasions (saving a few cals a week for my bday in nov)

Berri xx

Well now, I'm still getting the hang of CCing but it's starting to look like I do the opposite of this - I exercise more to burn off the extra calories I 'accidentally' ate! Ahem.

^^ Lol!

I used to excercise before, and I mean almost directly before, I would eat the offending piece of chocolate so that I could have it guilt free.

However it seemed to set up a guilt cycle, so that I got it into my head that I HAD to burn it off before I could have a treat, this of course resulting in a comfort binge when I couldn't be bothered doing the excercise that day and felt I'd failed.

So now I tend to try not to count calories burned into any part of my diet, although if my Calorie intake is on the low side on a day that I exercise then I might try to eat a little more so that I'm not putting my body under too much strain - exercising with too little calories isn't always wise as your body needs energy to build muscle and tone up. Not eating well enough alongside exercise could exhaust your body.

I guess I just had to learn that the extra calories alongside exercising really have to come from nutritious foods and not chocolate!

Back