Do you still gain weight

TraceM

Hi all, for those that have been on the diet for a while - do you still gain weight at TOTM? I have been on SS 100% this week and have gained 2 lbs :eek: I thought that due to the amount of calories we have each day it wouldnt add up to a gain, I'm also really hungry!!
Anyone have any advice, thanks in advance :)

I do. It's never added up to a loss on the scales yet on WI day, but it's always a bad week. It's water retention, plain and simple. Nothing much I can do except carry on as usual, keep drinking the water and hope for a better loss the next week.:)

I havent gained at TOTM (i have my period right now and I weighed yesterday and lost 3lbs), and I lost last month too.

Every single one of us is different and our bodies react in different ways.

I was absolutely starving on the weekend, and I put that down to coming up to my period and that's why i've just started on SS+. I couldn't have another weekend like that!!

When are you due to officially weigh? Because if it's not for a couple of days, I wouldn't worry too much. I'm pretty sure the majority of us scale-hop but it doesn't do us any good!! When I started I was jumping on the scales about 10 times a day and it just messes with your head. Now, i weigh in the house about twice a week... and always the time i would officially weigh. I can't quite kick the habit! lol

Don't worry too much... it'll be fine - i'm sure.

Lynne
x

I havn't had a gain at TOTM, but have had STS. The worst thing for me is that time is the only time I crave salty stuff, or chocolate. Men have it easy! xxx

Thats great, thanks for all your help. Weigh in is not until monday and yes I do scale hop every morning! I habit I need to give up!!

i dotn gain, but i can sts. and i really crave peanuts and ham! god knows what a nightmare i am going to be when i am preggers

I stay the same and it's awful! Some months I gain about 1lb only, but it usually comes off the next week- with that said I try not to weigh myself as soon as I have finished TOTM but wait a whole week but sometimes I can't wait and just get the scales out anyway!

It simply can't be fat gain - you have to have about 3500 calories more than you need to gain a lb of fat.

Not possible when you take in as few calories as we do on CD (whatever plan you're on!)

Thus it must be water retention, which does ease off afterwards. You should get a 'whoosh' any time soon.

What's the wisdom on waterfall/aquaban/any other sort of anti-water-retention remedies?

Back