Do you treat yourself weigh in night?

I used to treat myself with a good quality steak with SW chips. It felt really indulgent and naughty but it was still on plan! I couldn't do proper chocolate because I find once I've had a taste I absolutely crave it. If I don't have it for ages then I don't miss it, although it helps to substitute it with low cal hot chocolate instead.

I weigh on Wednesdays so don't feel the need for a treat as for me I prefer that on weekends. I usually have a nice treat-type day on Saturday within syns, so some wine and meal out. So really, if my weigh day was Saturday I would! :) xx

My weigh in day is Sunday, and I have already planned to go out for breakfast with a friend on Sunday morning......it will be pancakes etc.....so I am doing something naughty, but I wont get into the habit of it. Maybe once a month will be ok.

I did this week but instead of just having a naughty meal like fish+chips or whatever, I allowed myself an extra A and B and 5 extra syns. So in total an extra 17 syns which I can easily knock off over the week. I like it because I got ho have a spicy nacho beanburger (8 syns!) instead of a 1/2 syns veggie burger, and a hifi bar AND bread at breakfast and dinner, so really felt like a treat but wasn't actually that naughty.

I probably eat less on weigh in day then any other. Im not going to rant about this to much but i have overheard people saying that they have a treat night after weigh in and then the next week they have put weight on, then get more p$%&ed off and do the same thing again next week. To me its makes no sense you pay £4.95 a week, weigh in, buy a take away or some other crap which has cost you more money then do the same again the week after. So lets say its takes you a year to get to target which is 52 weigh ins and you put weight on for 15 of those weigh ins which in turn will each take another week to pull back around so thats 30 weeks you have payed your £4.95 which is £148.50 plus the amount of a take away etc which lets say could be another £75-£125 dependant on what you have. Surely people would be better off sticking to plan or having a treat thats on plan and using that £250+ to treat your self to something alot better (new clothes, weekend away,etc)

I would have a guess that it would probably be more than 52 weeks to get to target for alot of people to.

Rant over haha.

Also food wise i can cook alot better, nicer food than any take away and make it syn free.

I had a mexican meal once at Chiquito's of chicken breast with cheese and bacon with veg. So i did my own version, i filleted the chicken breast flat and put some mexican spices on and cooked that in a pan with fry light. Put toms,mushrooms,onion and peppers with smokey paprika and rosemary in the oven with fry light on and did 2 bacon medallions in the oven. Then i put 15g of low fat cheese on the chicken breast with the bacon on top and back in the oven for 2 mins. It tasted alot nicer and was syn free.

I used to do this, but not any more. However I do usually have my fav meal - meatballs and spaghetti, used to use a sauce from a jar, but now I make my own - much nicer and a lot more filling and the meatballs are home made and grilled to brown them before adding to the sauce.

To be honest if I have takeaways now I feel the affects the next day - lethargic, indigestion and just generally an unsettled feeling in my stomach, so I avoid them more often than not. Aside from one, Lahore's (not sure if they're nationwide) they do a really tasty grilled spicy fish and I always have boiled rice and salad as a side. If anything I'd prefer to have a glass of wine or extras with my meal like garlic bread.

I always treat myself after wi night to a kitkat chunky, crunchie or a muffin lol which ar approx 12-15 syns, as I only snack on small packets of cookies during the week I feel naughty and it helps me stay on track.
I once had a McDonalds after I weighed in and I couldn't shift the pounds all week even though I was 100% for the following 6 days. I think it's about finding a balance. If I fancied a KFC after weigh in I'd go and have a strip meal 4syn per strip so 5 would be 20syns and a diet coke, but unfortunately no chips lol.

This is my 4th time with sw and the most successful, i have made a few changes this time and one of them was to get out of the habit of having a treat after weigh in because in my previous sw attempts it did eventually affect my weightloss and i found it very difficult not to have a treat and just gave up and gained more. Now if i want a treat i wil have it anytime of the week and use my syns and if i sts like this week i still plod on because i know it wil come off next week x

Safia said:
This is my 4th time with sw and the most successful, i have made a few changes this time and one of them was to get out of the habit of having a treat after weigh in because in my previous sw attempts it did eventually affect my weightloss and i found it very difficult not to have a treat and just gave up and gained more. Now if i want a treat i wil have it anytime of the week and use my syns and if i sts like this week i still plod on because i know it wil come off next week x

I agree with this totally. I had to change the way I approached it this time cos in the past have always gained it back. :)

I think the bottom line is, we are all different and we will all lose when we find what strategy works best for us. If using 70 syns after weigh-in works then so be it. My strategy so far has been, always make your own takeaway (always tastes better). I eat out once a week, but always in a good quality restaurant and I have a bottle of prosecco once a week - all within syns. This works for me. On top of that I exercise 5 days per week and the inch loss has been worth it. So trial and error xx

Using 70 syns after weigh isn't an issue, it's having a blow out and not counting which causes a problem. It's the old "food is free in WI night" adage which I struggle to understand!

Using 70 syns after weigh isn't an issue, it's having a blow out and not counting which causes a problem. It's the old "food is free in WI night" adage which I struggle to understand!

I agree , I think staying in control is the important aspect. I have just got over a road block, I would weigh in on a Thursday, have crap after weigh in, then I would wake up Friday and eat more crap... And carry on from there, where as if I save my syns on weigh in day to have something bigger then normal say a 14 syn chocolate bar, I know it's 14 syns I can enjoy it with my cup of tea, and it also gives me something to look forward to that evening.

I've never understood the WI night doesn't count theory. When I joined slimming world the first thing my mum said to me was ''oh you're not going to do what so and so from work did and starve yourself all week and then eat loads of chocolate after getting weighed are you?'' I just laughed and was like no, really don't see the point. I actually find it a bit shocking how many people do it. As far as I know noone at my group does (not the ones who stay to image therapy anyway) at least they haven't admitted to doing so.

Actually it would be interesting to know how many people who do have a ''everything's free on WI night'' stay to image therapy and how many don't

Back